LED TAILLIGHT - FORD EDGE (2011-2014)

OnCar-EDGESPORTShadowLEDTaillight2_zps40
Shadow Black LED Taillight
EDG-TAIL-BLK-ProductPics3_zps0c1b228d.jpPlug & Play Direct replacement of the stock Ford Taillight.

EDG-TAIL-BLK-OnCarPics1_zps0f37d690.jpg

Integrated LED Functions:

LED Driving / Position Light
- Floating perimeter 3D LED Light Ribbon.
- Uniform Ribbon of Light NO hot spots.
- Creates illusion that the ribbon is floating inside the taillight.
- Unique Modern Style.
- Same LED & optical technology used on new luxury vehicles (BMW, Mercedes, Jaguar, etc.)

LED Brake Light
- Nine Individual LED Reflector cells.
- Sweeping curve design.
- Extremely bright.
- Higher light output than the stock Ford brake light.
- Instant on / Instant off: No fade in / fade out like standard filament bulbs.
- Perfect match with the stock third brake light above rear window.

OPTIONAL Front & Back LED BULB PACK

Various Lighting sequences using optional turn signal and reverse LED bulb pack.

EDG-TAIL-BLK-ProductPics4_zps90f6f414.jp

EDGEBannerAd-BLACK_zpscc1c641e.gif

Edited by kc300c

I just installed a 2010 proto type of the led tail lamp ,the construction quality is like OEM,the install is less than 10 minutes,the light given off is much greater than OE,the look and effect of the led's is very dramatic and enhances the the look of the vehicle,much greater visibility over the recessed bulb,the turn signal has gresater visibilty ant the whole item gets a great thumbs up from me,Marty

Edited by Depiry

I can't thank you enough for helping me work through adapting our LED tail to the 2008-2010 Edge. I knew you would really like the performance of the new LED tail. The look is so different and unique from anything Ford has made and brings the style up to the level of the more upscale car brands.

I am really excited about having the adapter kit manufactured to allow an easy plug & play solution for 08-10 Edge. It will open up a large market for us. thanks again Marty.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Two questions for the LED brightlites that I like a lot...but haven't yet bought:

1. The stock (2013, at least) taillights have the legally required reflectors in the notched area of the lenses. The brightlites seem to be smooth with no notch and so no reflector that I can see -- at least not in the vid's. Since reflectors are required by US law for "conspicuity", is there the required reflector in the brightlites?

2. My 2013's third brakelight pulses three or four times whenever the brakes are applied. In the vid's the demo car seems to be around a 2013 or so, but the third ("cyclops") light doesn't pulse. I'm a biker and I've never liked pulsing brakelights -- irritating and with LEDs, moreso. But they're there so I'm wondering why the demo car doesn't do that. Was it modified, or does the new brightlite setup somehow change that?

Cheers!

J. in CO

...my third brake light doesn't pulse. I'm aware of some lights you can put on your car that will purposefully do that, but I wouldn't want it. In regards to legality, I don't really care. People run tinted tails that are technically illegal, tint their windows illegally, and even speed. I don't think a cop is going to notice you're missing a reflector, and the only time he'd care if he did is if you're driving drunk or erradically, as an excuse to pull you over. No accusations, but I'm not really concerned about the legality. Aren't any light mods technically illegal if you alter the output or change lights other than what was certifide by the government from the factory? I'm ending with that. *saving y'all from the over-intrusive government rant*

• Like 1

Hi guys, My LED taillights do have reflector strips. See photo below. The lights also have a chrome reflector under the red lens that reflects light well when the taillights are off. Not that it would matter with my LED taillight, but wannabang is right, no officer would pull you over for having an undamaged taillight not having a reflector designed into into it. My LED Taillights also do not look as if they are a non-OEM aftermarket light. Their desgin and quality of the manufacturing is as good as any factory stock light out there.

I have never seen or heard of an Edge with a stock third brake light having your pulsing effect. You may want to check into whether or not you are having a problem with the electrical system.

EDGELEDTail-Reflector_zpsc4bf562d.jpg

Edited by kc300c
  • Like 1

OK...but my Edge isn't the only one I've seen with the pulsing brake light. I've also seen Explorers and other Edges with the same (nuisance) blinking third light. It only affects the stock LED light and not the incand. lights. My manuf. date is 10/13 (you'd think it'd be a '14) so maybe it's a "late 2013/2014 feature" -- ?? The pulsing does about 4 blinks and then goes solid, so I'm not worried. One could mistake it for "pumping" unless you really pay attention.

Anyway, having said that, the reflectors are there so that's the main thing I'm concerned with. I know a passing comment somewhere said something about "...reflective LEDs..." or the like but I just wasn't sure what was meant. Your pic's here make that clear. Also, I see an Edge portrayed with "furrin'" plates (Germany or Denmark) with your lights installed, and having lived in Germany for a number of years I know they're anal about stuff being right. You wouldn't be able to (legally) sell the lights there if everything wasn't "laut Gesetz" (by law).

So thanks!

J. in CO

Edited by Edge-thusiast
  • Like 1

Finally got the chance to install the full kit:

* Replacement Tail Lights

* Front and back LED turn signals

* LED Backup lamps

Can't say the process has been smooth. I've had problems since the install. First off, the right side intermittently is flashing fast (as if the turn bulb is burned out), however both front and back LEDs are flashing brightly, just fast. Maybe this is a intermittent short in a load resistor? 80% of the time, they flash normally.

That isn't the main problem.

When using either turn signal, or with the hazard flashers, the brake lights (both sides) flash at the same time, but weakly. If I engage the left turn signal, the left turn signals light, as well as both brake lights (left and right) but not at full strength. Same thing happens for the right one, or both at the same time, both back bottom brake lights flash weakly. I fear this problem would get me pulled over.

I went and rechecked the wiring, trying with regular bulbs, redoing the wiring (changing polarities). If connected wrong, things don't light, but connected correctly everything works, but the bottom 2 brake lights flash.

Not sure what to do here. If it can't be fixed I will have to go back to regular lighting. The look of the new set up is incredible, just wish it worked better!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...