Official Aftermarket Wheel Thread

Whiteknight08

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Eatinitup, how do you like the Yokohoma Parada Spec X Tires? Miles on them, ride, handling, wear, wet traction, etc?

I live in Orlando Florida so we get our fair share of Rain.. The tires perform in my opinion 10*'s all around. I haven't had them in snow, but other than that they have been amazing on dry, wet and dirt/muddy roads. I just ticked 100k on my Edge and got them on when I had 70k miles. I easily have at least 15k left out of them. For the price point, they are an amazing tire. Very quiet and wear very evenly. I bought them from Discount Tire so every 5k I get them balanced and rotated for FREE, which you can't beat. I will be putting Parada Spec X's on again, once these run out. Even with 30k on them, they are a very very very quiet tire.. No hum at all!

Edited by Eatinitup
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

I'm getting some winter tires and my options are limited with 22s. I'm dropping down to 20s. I still want to keep a bigger rim, not interested in going less then a 20. I decided on some Michelin X-Ice Xi2 Lattitude tires. I debated on rims for awhile, but i've been looking at some that are 20x8.5 with a 38 offset. This is fairly close to my stock set-up of 22x9 with a 38/39 offset I do believe. This will retract my rim inwards from the fender roughly 5-6mm and also give me 5-6mm clearance near the axle , which isn't much, but if anything I was hoping to push the wheels out a hair more. I can always use some small spacers, but was hoping to get away from that.

They seems to be sold out of the 25 offset that comes with these wheels, but from what I noticed the Edge is listed as 35 - 45 offset so I'm not sure if it's recommended to dip below those listed figures. And I was also wondering about going with a wider rim instead? They also come in 10" wide rims, but that will put me 13mm out further, which is more then I originally wanted along with 13mm closer to the brakes etc..

• 3 months later...

Thanks. In addition to the bolt pattern, there's also the offset and backspacing to consider, neither of which I understand. I guess I'll call them and get an explanation. I don't want to deviate from what was on the vehicle, I just want a better looking wheel than the chrome clad ones.

Keep in mind also the hub opening that the 2014 Ford uses. Many aftermarket wheels may require the use of a hub center ring to make up any difference in the opening size.

I sold my 20" chrome clad wheels from my Edge Limited, and put on 20" wheels from a Ford Flex. The wheel is a silver finish and no chrome. I wish Detroit Wheel was doing these wheels when I changed mine, as I really like the looks and durability. They sell them outright, or have an exchange plan for a lower cost. The finish has several options available I believe.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/20-FORD-EDGE-PVD-CHROME-WHEELS-RIMS-FACTORY-OEM-2011-12-13-14-15-Set-3771-/181502730873?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Wheels&hash=item2a4267e279&vxp=mtr

Thanks, this is a good explanation. So, can anyone tell me me these dimensions on the 20" chrome clad wheels I currently have so that I can duplicate the dims but with a different style. I hate to buy a set at around a grand only to learn that they alter the stance of the vehicle or the ride.