So much salt!!!

Mirage52

My Edge barely has 1000 miles on it and it's totally encrusted with salt from the snow we've had here in MD the last few weeks. I want to take it through a car wash so bad but I am going to the dealer tomorrow to have something replaced and I'm hoping they'll wash it for me.

Anyone else's car totally covered in salt?

I told my Minister of Finance to wash it twice in the past 2 weeks. That's how much salt was on it.

Mind you, this is the same lady that washed her previous Edge, a grand total of TWO TIMES, the 6 years she owned it.

This time is different, I told her. You're washing this truck and taking care of it. It's enough that I pay for it and gas it up.

Back in late October I made the decision to drive my truck and park the Edge in the pole barn. The Edge is Ruby red and shows every spec of dirt. Kind of regret getting a dark color.

The other reason, the edge is newer than the truck so makes sense to keep it out of the salt.

I run the truck through a car wash every other week. The kind that washes the underside too.

Got 76 Inches of the white stuff so far this winter.

Larry

Northern, In.

post-26092-0-76605000-1391344745_thumb.jpg

post-26092-0-56630600-1391344757_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Snowing here again today...expect 5-8 inches. Ugh.

I was going to wash it yesterday (it got close to 60F) but with the snow in the forecast, I hosed off the salt instead and while it could have greatly benefited from a thorough washing, just hosing off the salt made it look so much better. The benefit of having a white car.

I am really looking forward to a 60 F plus day and spending a few hours washing my car.

Snowing here again today...expect 5-8 inches. Ugh.

I was going to wash it yesterday (it got close to 60F) but with the snow in the forecast, I hosed off the salt instead and while it could have greatly benefited from a thorough washing, just hosing off the salt made it look so much better. The benefit of having a white car.

I am really looking forward to a 60 F plus day and spending a few hours washing my car.

We have about 12-14" on the ground, expecting 5-6" later this week. 5 degrees now.

Larry

Northern,In

Edited by 1edge