Paint wore off front emblem

sanche

I belive the grill would need to be removed, the emblem should be held on with two plastic posts. I would just get an overlay and call it a day! You could keep it stock or swtich it up and it's a pretty cheap option. Easy to apply as well.

I got mine from Glass Elephant and they are great. The one for the steering wheel was actually too big but I can live with the stock one there, not a big deal.

-Russ

post-25369-0-23281900-1393597551_thumb.jpg

I've seen many people complain about this. Would you be able to post a picture?

Thanks

This happened soon after 37000 miles. FORD should replace these free of charge.

After all, we are driving around advertising FORD on these oversized logos.

post-3465-0-28202200-1393612342_thumb.jpg

Check the clear-coat finish around the emblem. Once it begins to deteriorate, the paint will soon peel off.

Careful if you use commercial drive-through carwash.

I belive the grill would need to be removed, the emblem should be held on with two plastic posts. I would just get an overlay and call it a day! You could keep it stock or swtich it up and it's a pretty cheap option. Easy to apply as well.

I got mine from Glass Elephant and they are great. The one for the steering wheel was actually too big but I can live with the stock one there, not a big deal.

-Russ

Hi Russ,

Not familiar w/ Glass Elephant, can you send a web link?

Hi Russ,

Not familiar w/ Glass Elephant, can you send a web link?

sanche,

It looks like a new site is coming for them but I'm sure you can contact them through the site and they'll get back to you.

http://glass-elephant.pullfolio.com/about

He was super responsive and was able to match the color of my car for me. Quick turn around as well.

-Russ

• 1 month later...

The front grille emblem on my 2012 is getting funky as well. The plastic chrome has discolored and turning the whiteish gray and some of the ford blue is fading too. Can you buy these emblems somewhere on the web or is it better to just order thru ford parts at premium high prices? I'd rather have a stock emblem.

Something like this & not a stickon?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/9-Ford-oem-Emblem-EDGE-F-150-TAURUS-SUPER-DUTY-RANGER-GRILLE-OR-TAILGATE-/221385959194

Ford emblems can be found on EBay, just need to know the size you need if the Edge is not listed. Also can order thru Levittown Ford Supercenter (sponsor on here) to get discounted parts in general. The contact is Benny.

Try this:

http://www.fordpartsgiant.com/partlist/name-plates~2012-ford-edge-16853159-16853160-23992082.html

and

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_trksid=p2050601.m570.l1313&_nkw=4Z-8213-A&_sacat=0&_from=R40

Edited by WWWPerfA_ZN0W

• 2 weeks later...

Had mine replaced under warranty last summer and less then a year later the new one is doing the same thing. Gonna hit the dealership next week and see if they will replace it again even though I'm now past 36,000 miles. I would guess the damage is caused by salt spray but I never had this problem with my F150's.

• 1 month later...