Interior airflow almost non existant

I don't know, but sounds like the ducts are blocked, either with debris or the foam that lines them. I have heard of these foam pieces getting dislodged before.

From the manual:

• Low engine coolant level
  • Engine overheating
  • Plugged or partially plugged heater core
  • Temperature blend door is binding or stuck
  • Temperature blend door actuator
  • Heater hose is kinked or binding
Edited by WWWPerfA_ZN0W

• 4 weeks later...

Geez, where are all the Edge experts?

Is there nobody who can tell me where the air inlet for the interior airflow is?

Ed

Well, there is always the option to check with a Ford service department or an independent mechanic if forum users can't figure your problem out over the internet. Here is where I would start looking, the air inlet mode door actuator.

Air Inlet Door Model Actuator

NOTE

It is not required to install the new air inlet door linkage parts included in the air inlet mode door actuator service part kit if only the mode door actuator requires replacement and the linkage parts are not broken or binding.

1. To remove the air inlet mode door actuator and linkage, perform the following:

• Disconnect the glove compartment damper from the glove compartment.

• Remove the glove compartment.

• Remove the 3 air inlet mode door actuator screws.

• Disconnect the air inlet mode door actuator electrical connector.

• Remove the air inlet mode door actuator.

• Manually operate and inspect the air inlet mode door and air inlet mode door linkage for incorrect placement or damage.

2. To remove the air inlet mode door linkage only, perform the following:

• Remove the air inlet mode door intermediate lever screw.

• Remove the air inlet mode door intermediate lever.

• Working through the air inlet duct grille opening, depress the clip and detach the air inlet mode door lever from the air inlet mode door.

22086_edge_g0246.gif

Working through the air inlet duct grille opening, depress the clip and detach the air inlet mode door lever from the air inlet mode door

Click to Enlarge

NOTE

The air inlet mode door must be fully seated in the correct position during installation. If the air inlet mode door is not fully seated, excessive noise will result when the climate control system is operated.

3. Installation is the reverse of the removal procedure

22086_edge_g0248.gif

Exploded view of the air inlet mode door actuator

Click to Enlarge 22086_edge_g0247.gif
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

It's not going to be the air inlet, even if it were totally blocked, you'd still get air being pushed through the fan, your car would just be in permanent recirc mode. Does it only happen when you run the A/C and only after it's been running a while? My first guess would be that your problem is the evaporator freezing over. If you turned the temperature to full heat, it will melt and you will get airflow again. Then you can try to figure out why it's freezing, probably some sensor that's not working.

Edited by Waldo