Quality(or lack thereof) and Customer Service Impressions

misterfixit

How do you know it is fine? What gives you the right to speak for me? They patched it. Ford quality is lacking.

Wendell will not answer my email. Another sign of poor customer service.

You won't answer my question, maybe it goes both ways?

How do you know it is fine? What gives you the right to speak for me? They patched it. Ford quality is lacking.

Wendell will not answer my email. Another sign of poor customer service.

I understand you're frustrated, misterfixit, but I do see recent correspondence between you and Wendell answering your questions. If you'd like, you may email him today and I'll tell him to expect a message.

Todd

Wendell didn't give me access to the information I requested. He didn't answer my last email. He doesn't care about customer satisfaction.

It doesn't matter if the weatherstrip seals.

Glue is not a fix. It is a patch. It isn't permanent. The door is out of spec.

• Like 1

Wendell didn't give me access to the information I requested. He didn't answer my last email. He doesn't care about customer satisfaction.

Like I said - some people just won't be happy no matter what Ford does. If glue fixed the seal and there are no other problems then the problem is fixed regardless of whether the problem was with the door or the weatherstrip.

Of course it matters if the weatherstrip seals. The only purpose of the metal seam in the door is to provide a surface on which to mount a seal that while adequately seal. There are many different ways to achieve that objective. One is to provide a big flange and press fit the seal on. Another way is to provide a smaller flange and glue the seal on. Either one does the job. Ford has determined that the first method is overall cheaper, but that doesn't mean that the second method isn't just as good.

If you think your weatherstrip is the only thing on your car now held on by glue you're dreaming. Those black appliques between the windows are all glued on at the factory.

You might find another manufacturer that doesn't build out-of-spec door flanges as often, but I'd be amazed if you can find any other manufacturer that will replace a customer's entire door when it is out-of-spec but still adequately seals.

Edited by Waldo

Hello misterfixit,

As communicated to you via email -

The Dealer’s Workshop Manual states the acceptable repair includes:

Trim and Weatherstrip Adhesive Permatex® 8150 or equivalent, which is a quick drying, strong adhesive designed to hold weatherstripping onto all body panels and surrounding metal.

The Dealership has used the appropriate, equivalent weatherstripping adhesive, 3M yellow weatherstrip and gasket adhesive.

I'm unable to assist further with this matter. If you have further concerns, please contact our Customer Relationship Center at 1-800-392-3673.

Todd

Edited by FordService

I have been told that before but I haven't seen the actual manual or if it states that it is ok for weatherstrip that is designed to be pressed in is ok to be glued if the door is out of spec. I haven't asked you to help me further.

And for the other two of you you seem to have to have the last word. So have it. This will be my last Ford.

Edited by akirby
Inaccurate whining

So anybody's opinion that you don't agree with you just edit it out and say that they are "silly" and are "inadequately whining". You don't know if it is properly fixed or not. You haven't even been involved with the situation or even seen my vehicle. But you are entitled to your opinion and I'm entitled to mine. And you may be the moderator but you shouldn't have the right to say someone is "being silly" or that their opinion is "inadequate whining". There is more to this situation that you don't know about and I'm not willing to disclose it on here.

But I will move along.

Edited by misterfixit