Lincoln service experience so far...

twintornados

I just brought my 2011 CPO Lincoln MKX in for some service work. The dreaded "door ajar" light of death (lol), check the alignment, driver seat chucking in the track, and look at the moon roof retractable screen (puckering)...nothing all too serious, just some things....anyhoo....I got a loaner and it is a....

2013 Lincoln MKZ.

I am impressed, thought they would slip me a Focus or something along those lines....sweet ride!!

OK, alignment completed to address drifting / not centered feeling (much better 'feel' now) "door ajar" issue addressed via TSB 14-0011, new seat track ordered to address rocking / chucking driver seat during acceleration / deceleration (will have to return to have installed)....and as a bonus, they washed the car....overall, a satifying experience.

Cool. Did they elaborate on the TSB actions for the door switch? Wonder if there is some sort of 'easy', non-invasive fix. Seems to be an exceedingly common issue with the newer models.

Can't comment on dealership experiences myself. I'm 11 months in but only have about 2,800 miles on it. Haven't even had the oil changed yet. My closest Lincoln dealer is 2 hours away but they told me they will come to my house/office, get the car and leave a loaner, should I choose.

I just brought my 2011 CPO Lincoln MKX in for some service work. The dreaded "door ajar" light of death (lol), check the alignment, driver seat chucking in the track, and look at the moon roof retractable screen (puckering)...nothing all too serious, just some things....anyhoo....I got a loaner and it is a....

2013 Lincoln MKZ.

I am impressed, thought they would slip me a Focus or something along those lines....sweet ride!!

Please keep us updated, twintornados. :)

Definitely pays to get a Lincoln! Glad to hear they continue their outstanding customer service.

Maybe all us Ford-ies should flood Lincoln service centers :)

Attention all Ford-ies. Hear ye! Hear ye! You always have the option of bringing your vehicle (Ford or Lincoln) into a Lincoln Service Center. Find them here.

Todd

• Like 1

Cool. Did they elaborate on the TSB actions for the door switch? Wonder if there is some sort of 'easy', non-invasive fix. Seems to be an exceedingly common issue with the newer models.

Can't comment on dealership experiences myself. I'm 11 months in but only have about 2,800 miles on it. Haven't even had the oil changed yet. My closest Lincoln dealer is 2 hours away but they told me they will come to my house/office, get the car and leave a loaner, should I choose.

They did not elaborate on the TSB, just that they have a tool that "services" the door latch assembly...whatever that means, I really am not worried as long as I dont have to slam my door 2,3, 10 times to get the light to go out...maybe one of the Ford Techs that are here can describe exactly what TSB 14-0011 is....