2012 Console Lid Latch

Looking for some info on the console lid latch for a 2012 edge. The latch is broken and dealer said they can not get just the latch.

Does anyone have any info. Thanks.

Hey Mark1975,

Have you considered checking in with another Ford Dealer? Locate one here. In addition, enter your VIN at Ford Parts here and see what you find. :)

Todd

The console lid for the Mkx is even worse. Mines had a small scratch on the leather top cover portion so logically I thought just the top portion could be replaced for less than $100.00. Instead I found out the lid cover, plastic backing and metal hinge assembly are only available as a single unit and costs around $550.00. Luckily I was able to find it cheap on ebay and get my dealer to just replace the lid portion for fairly cheap, still cost me $200.00.

That latch costs less than $1 to produce in the annual quantities required by Ford.

It broke because it has a sharp internal corner that concentrates stress, overstressing the material capabilities.

I'll post later a procedure to prevent this from happening to your vehicle, using a hot finish nail and a pair of pliers.

• Like 1