PTU and Sync

ranferg

Have a 2013 Edge Limited with around 32K. Had the PTU changed probably about 4 months ago for a leak and now it appears to be leaking again. I've read this was a problem but the swap should hopefully fix it. Anyone elses have this issue? Also the sync has started going to a black screen for up to 10 minutes and then coming back on. 1st time it happened the wife said it had a routine maintenance check message or something to that effect. Second time, no message it just went off and then came back on. I'm starting to not like this vehicle.

I have a 2013 with 14K miles and just got it back after the dealer changed the PTU because of a leak. I noticed an oil residue when I was changing the oil. Also, there had been a loud "clunk" sound coming from the front pass side. A strut had broken and they replaced it. I complained that I can only get 15gal of fuel and have to click 10-15 time to get the other 3 gal, but they could not find it. It is a PIA to fill up like that.

No problem with my Sync.

The other issue I have is with Sirrius constantly calling to renew. I don't know how else to tell them not to call me again.

Have a 2013 Edge Limited with around 32K. Had the PTU changed probably about 4 months ago for a leak and now it appears to be leaking again. I've read this was a problem but the swap should hopefully fix it. Anyone elses have this issue? Also the sync has started going to a black screen for up to 10 minutes and then coming back on. 1st time it happened the wife said it had a routine maintenance check message or something to that effect. Second time, no message it just went off and then came back on. I'm starting to not like this vehicle.

Can't speak to the PTU issue, but Sync will periodically go into a maint/refresh mode. Have you called the myfordsync number? They can provide some quick answers or will refer you to your dealer. They may suggest reloading the software.

Ā 

Ā 

I suggest a trip to your dealership for your SYNC concern, ranferg. They will need to diagnose and correct this for you.

Ā 

Ā 

I have a 2013 with 14K miles and just got it back after the dealer changed the PTU because of a leak. I noticed an oil residue when I was changing the oil. Also, there had been a loud "clunk" sound coming from the front pass side. A strut had broken and they replaced it. I complained that I can only get 15gal of fuel and have to click 10-15 time to get the other 3 gal, but they could not find it. It is a PIA to fill up like that.

No problem with my Sync.

The other issue I have is with Sirrius constantly calling to renew. I don't know how else to tell them not to call me again.

Ā 

Have a 2013 Edge Limited with around 32K. Had the PTU changed probably about 4 months ago for a leak and now it appears to be leaking again. I've read this was a problem but the swap should hopefully fix it. Anyone elses have this issue?

Ā 

Ā 

For your PTU concerns, please contact Tricia; she's a part of our Ford Service team. Here's the link to her profile:

Ā 

http://www.fordedgeforum.com/user/29146-fordservice/

Ā 

Ā 

Can't speak to the PTU issue, but Sync will periodically go into a maint/refresh mode. Have you called the myfordsync number? They can provide some quick answers or will refer you to your dealer. They may suggest reloading the software.

Ā 

Ā 

Are you receiving the Performing System Maintenance screen, tloewenberg? If so, how often are you seeing it?

Ā 

Rebecca

• 6 months later...

Have a 2013 AWD Edge with around 45K. PTU needs to be replaced; however, Ford isn't getting replacement to the dealership (and no estimated time of shipment either). Heard another dealership has been waiting a month and a half to replace a PTU on one of their customer's vehicles. Purchasing this vehicle brand new, maintenance up to date, mostly highway driving, and now dealership has it for 2 weeks already and they're waiting on shipment from Ford - needless to say, I'm not a happy first-time Ford owner. Probably won't purchase another one due to Ford's delay in being able to send PTU replacement. I live in Wisconsin, drive a considerable distance to work, and prefer the AWD. Awful time of year for Ford to not be able to even estimate when the replacement will be delivered. Anyone have thoughts on how to handle from here?