Ford Edge Sport Running Boards

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone have running boards on their Ford Edge Sport? I would love to see how they look. I think they would look pretty cool but I'd like to see them on someone elses before I commit.

Thanks!

So its been awhile since I first posted this and would really like for anyone to share with me if they have or no of anyone that put running boards on their Ford Edge Sport. I just want to see what it looks like so I can make a decision. Thanks everyone!

Check out this post by Spork,

http://www.fordedgeforum.com/topic/14394-first-mods-for-my-2011-edge-limited/

He installed running board on his Edge and as fas as I know is the only one I have seen with a good looking set of running board.

Take in note however that the Edge Sport lower mouldings are painted rather than black, which may change how well integrated the running boards look.

• Like 1

Thanks guys. Hard to really tell how they will look on a sport but really appreciate the help. I'm trying to do something that will set mine apart from another one that is in my neighborhood. I didnt see an Edge Sport for months around where I live until I bought one and saw 3 in the first week. hahaha

• 4 months later...

Thanks guys. Hard to really tell how they will look on a sport but really appreciate the help. I'm trying to do something that will set mine apart from another one that is in my neighborhood. I didnt see an Edge Sport for months around where I live until I bought one and saw 3 in the first week. hahaha

This always seems to happen. You buy something new and different and all of a sudden they appear everywhere...arghhhh I'm curious as to whether you got the running boards installed. If so, how do they look?

Edited by RobertP

I saw an Edge Sport that had running boards that were invisible until you opened the door...they then electronically lowered to allow step in , then once the door closed they retracted out of site under the Edge.

I dont know who makes them but they are out there.......just not for me !

To me part of the appeal is the look of the running board on the edge apart from the function. I definitely would want to see it and not have it hidden. I don't know why it seems to sit soo high. From the outside it seems low to the ground. Once I'm in it, I feel like I'm towering over most traffic on the highway.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Hello,

Did anyone ever find nice looking running boards for the Edge Sport? So far i've looked everywhere but have not found any compatible with the Sport. Installation may be a bit different given that the side skirts are much different from all other trims.

I am considering getting the running boards or installing the H&R Suspension to bring it a bit lower.. maybe both if i can find the right running boards.

Edited by gmfranco88

• 10 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...