Replace Throttle Body

EdgeOwner11

Hello, I'm the owner of a 2011 Ford Edge SEL with the 3.5L V6. Just had to replace the throttle body at 38,800 miles. The vehicle lost power, would not accelerate and the yellow wrench appeared on the instrument panel. Only way to correct problem was to restart engine. Anyone else have this issue. I'm disappointed with this type of failure at such low mileage (and of course after warranty expired) Cost was close to $600. Thank you.

Sorry to hear! Join your fellow owners who have experienced this here:

http://www.fordedgeforum.com/topic/12726-throttle-body-service-or-failure/

I would recommend reporting this directly to Ford via Ford Customer Service (on this site) or the tollfree number, and refer to an existing TSB for non-Edge models as reported in the thread above.

Hello, I'm the owner of a 2011 Ford Edge SEL with the 3.5L V6. Just had to replace the throttle body at 38,800 miles. The vehicle lost power, would not accelerate and the yellow wrench appeared on the instrument panel. Only way to correct problem was to restart engine. Anyone else have this issue. I'm disappointed with this type of failure at such low mileage (and of course after warranty expired) Cost was close to $600. Thank you.

EdgeOwner11,

Is your Edge currently experiencing these symptoms? If so, please PM your full name, VIN, dealer name, in-depth details of vehicle symptoms, mileage, and best daytime phone number.

Once this info is received I’ll loop in a CSM for your region.

If not, I recommend holding on to all your receipts in case a recall or a customer satisfaction program is announced in the future.

Sorry to hear! Join your fellow owners who have experienced this here:

http://www.fordedgeforum.com/topic/12726-throttle-body-service-or-failure/

I would recommend reporting this directly to Ford via Ford Customer Service (on this site) or the tollfree number, and refer to an existing TSB for non-Edge models as reported in the thread above.

WWWPerfA_ZN0W,

Thanks for the mention. I hope your day is going well.

Have a wonderful week! :)

Tricia

* Great thread link for a tough problem.

Do call Ford directly as the dealers seem not to be able to help well until a regional CSM is involved...

Let them drive the vehicle around and black-box the issue if needs be while you take a loaner until it's fixed.

once it starts, it can happen anyplace and it's simply not worth the risk of driving it in the case the dealer waffles...

Edited by Cman