Launch Date

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No Everything is not back to normal!

Tomorrow will be the worst day for traffic around the plant.

Offramps from highway will be shut down!

I hope Ford starts negotiating soon! :angry:

Yes, lets hope so. However, Ford is getting ready to lay of THOUSANDS of people so I'm not sure if they are willing to deal with this right now.

Bill

Acutally yes the picketing has been put off today. I went in for 5:30am this morning and there ended being no delays for entry....go figure! lol

However the stop is day to day as long as negotiations are ongoing. We'll see what happens tomorrow.

And yes we ran a full day's production today...on dayshift anyway.

Ford announces pricing for 2007 Edge

Oakville, Ontario - Ford has announced pricing for its all-new, Canadian-built 2007 Edge crossover, which will start at $32,999.

The Edge will be released in four models, starting with the SE in front-wheel drive for $32,999; the SEL starts at $35,999. In all-wheel drive, the Edge is priced at $34,999 in SE trim, and $37,999 in SEL trim. Available options will include $500 18-inch painted aluminum wheels, $320 reverse sending system, $1,700 Vista sunroof, $1,200 DVD entertainment system and DVD navigation system ($2,700 on SE, $2,300 on SEL).

All Edge models are powered by a 3.5-litre V6 with six-speed automatic transmission, and include standard Advance Trac stability program with roll stability control, and side and curtain airbags. The Edge will also share its platform with the Lincoln MKX; both will be built at the company's plant in Oakville, Ontario

Well I won't be lining up to purchase an Edge. The highups have screwed us Canadians again. $33K for a base Edge? With the dollar right now that's about $6K more than if you bought one in the USA. I smell rebate incentive plans on the horizon. :sos:

Ford announces pricing for 2007 Edge

Oakville, Ontario - Ford has announced pricing for its all-new, Canadian-built 2007 Edge crossover, which will start at $32,999.

The Edge will be released in four models, starting with the SE in front-wheel drive for $32,999; the SEL starts at $35,999. In all-wheel drive, the Edge is priced at $34,999 in SE trim, and $37,999 in SEL trim. Available options will include $500 18-inch painted aluminum wheels, $320 reverse sending system, $1,700 Vista sunroof, $1,200 DVD entertainment system and DVD navigation system ($2,700 on SE, $2,300 on SEL).

All Edge models are powered by a 3.5-litre V6 with six-speed automatic transmission, and include standard Advance Trac stability program with roll stability control, and side and curtain airbags. The Edge will also share its platform with the Lincoln MKX; both will be built at the company's plant in Oakville, Ontario

Well I won't be lining up to purchase an Edge. The highups have screwed us Canadians again. $33K for a base Edge? With the dollar right now that's about $6K more than if you bought one in the USA. I smell rebate incentive plans on the horizon. :sos:

Ford, to put it simply if the price is over $30 grand you fucked up.

I thought about buying one but now I'll have to wait till the market talks back to you and your forced to put incentives on it.

:bike: Just one question. Why set ourselves up for the embarrassment?

Crippling strike at the Oakville Assembly Complex ends peacefully!

Here is the link and the text of the today's CEP press release:

http://www.newswire.ca/en/releases/archive...6/02/c4111.html

Attention News Editors:

CEP gets Ford back to bargaining and back to work

OAKVILLE, ON, Oct. 2 /CNW Telbec/ - Sixteen striking Powerhouse and Water

Treatment Operators stood up to the giant Ford Motor Company and the result is

an improved collective agreement, a more respectful employer and a more united

workforce.

After only two days on the picket line, the members of Communications,

Energy and Paperworkers Union, Local 2003 got their issues addressed, says

CEP's Ontario Region Vice-President Cec Makowski, "including the company's

agreement to explore the construction of a co-generation facility in

Oakville." The members ratified the agreement, with 87.7 percent in favour.

"It shows what solidarity of the membership can do," adds Mr. Makowski.

"No matter how few members, when a CEP Local is on strike, it has the strength

of the 150,000-member union behind it and that clearly counts for a lot," he

says.

For further information: Zoran Grgar, CEP National Representative, (905)

678-0800, ext. 225, cell: (647) 219-1970

Ford World Heaquarters heard the Information Picket of September 25 and 26, 2006

Someone has posted some snaps of the CEP pickets.

Here is the links to the picture page.

http://ca.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/compumani...r=b180re2&/

Let's hope now that FoMoCo and their unionised workers get back to building their 'jewel' - the Ford Edge / Lincoln MKX

Ford, to put it simply if the price is over $30 grand you fucked up.

I thought about buying one but now I'll have to wait till the market talks back to you and your forced to put incentives on it.

:bike: Just one question. Why set ourselves up for the embarrassment?

This vehicle has everything, versatility, power (260+HP), style. If you want to have an all new vehicle ahead of everyone else, then you may have to shell out a few more beans. I did that before, and it was worth it. Maybe you should buy a used car one year after they stop making that style. You could save a bundle, but you will have to keep it hidden in the garage, or property values on your street will go down.

This vehicle has everything, versatility, power (260+HP), style. If you want to have an all new vehicle ahead of everyone else, then you may have to shell out a few more beans. I did that before, and it was worth it. Maybe you should buy a used car one year after they stop making that style. You could save a bundle, but you will have to keep it hidden in the garage, or property values on your street will go down.

Or I could go to the states and buy the Edge for $4000 dollars less.

Or...you can always go buy a 2007 Dodge Nitro LOL

WHAT? I was complaining about the disparity in pricing between Canada and the U.S.

I am making the Edge and now I have to pay $4000 more for it then a U.S. consumer.

In the U.S. the Base MSRP is $26,000 and in Canada it is $33,000 with a 10% currency difference a Canadian pays $4,000 more, why?

Canadians follow newer trends closer then the general U.S. consumer (excluding the U.S. west coast) and with this extra cost here will a situation be created toward failure (incentives)? Is that being done on purpose?

Does anyone have any idea as to why this disparity could or should make sense?

WTF r u talking about?

Excellent - a very short strike! I could not understand why anyone who works for Ford would want to risk ruining the launch of the Edge and MKX, and hurting the tens of thousands of people associated with Ford who may sink or swim depending on the success of the Edge and MKX.

I celebrated by calling the dealership to add one more option (Audiophile) to my order.

WHAT? I was complaining about the disparity in pricing between Canada and the U.S.

I am making the Edge and now I have to pay $4000 more for it then a U.S. consumer.

In the U.S. the Base MSRP is $26,000 and in Canada it is $33,000 with a 10% currency difference a Canadian pays $4,000 more, why?

Canadians follow newer trends closer then the general U.S. consumer (excluding the U.S. west coast) and with this extra cost here will a situation be created toward failure (incentives)? Is that being done on purpose?

Does anyone have any idea as to why this disparity could or should make sense?

WTF r u talking about?

Maybe it is because of the Canadian gauges, French labels, daytime running lights, delivery costs to remote regions, the volatility of our currency. Maybe they think that Canadians are richer than Americans now. Before, it was the other way around, and we got the better deal. If you buy a car in the US, and bring it to Canada, I suspect that after you convert it over to Canadian, you will not be saving anything. Prices will be set according to supply and demand.

Excellent - a very short strike! I could not understand why anyone who works for Ford would want to risk ruining the launch of the Edge and MKX, and hurting the tens of thousands of people associated with Ford who may sink or swim depending on the success of the Edge and MKX.

I celebrated by calling the dealership to add one more option (Audiophile) to my order.

Talk to management. Ask them why we don't have more manpower. There are zones stopping the line because they don't have enough people to do the jobs. I'm on the dash line... the guys that put the dashes in have to stop the line, and try to force the new dashes in. Or the suppliers not matching the interior colours properly. Perhaps its because someone that has a platform does a job on the interior of the vehicle and then has to wait for the vehicle to leave his area, stop the line, enter someone elses area and do the other part of their job on the underside of the vehicle (pretrim... zone A). Or perhaps its the fact that the doors don't fit properly or the welds breaking. None of these things are the line workers fault... its good the guy with the platform stops the line to do the job PROPERLY rather than ship it. The engineers should be hung for not having everything properly set up, the guy in charge of layoffs should be hung for not supplying enough man power... the guy in charge of the work stations (and who can do what) should be beaten with a cast iron frying pan (it wouldn't do much damage to him since he's probably already brain damaged, or so it seems). The suppliers should be charged and forced to pay for screwing up the colours.

In other words... plan it out properly, give us the manpower we need and let us run. Make a list of all the problems in each zone and fix them. When we have what we need, have it properly organized and all the parts fit like they should, then we'll make the quality vehicle.

Talk to management. Ask them why we don't have more manpower. There are zones stopping the line because they don't have enough people to do the jobs. I'm on the dash line... the guys that put the dashes in have to stop the line, and try to force the new dashes in. Or the suppliers not matching the interior colours properly. Perhaps its because someone that has a platform does a job on the interior of the vehicle and then has to wait for the vehicle to leave his area, stop the line, enter someone elses area and do the other part of their job on the underside of the vehicle (pretrim... zone A). Or perhaps its the fact that the doors don't fit properly or the welds breaking. None of these things are the line workers fault... its good the guy with the platform stops the line to do the job PROPERLY rather than ship it. The engineers should be hung for not having everything properly set up, the guy in charge of layoffs should be hung for not supplying enough man power... the guy in charge of the work stations (and who can do what) should be beaten with a cast iron frying pan (it wouldn't do much damage to him since he's probably already brain damaged, or so it seems). The suppliers should be charged and forced to pay for screwing up the colours.

In other words... plan it out properly, give us the manpower we need and let us run. Make a list of all the problems in each zone and fix them. When we have what we need, have it properly organized and all the parts fit like they should, then we'll make the quality vehicle.

Every launch has its problems; like in the hundreds. That is normal, no matter which company it is. They all get ironed out. Putting out that kind of information to the public may mislead them. What is the sense of running the lines full speed before they get the bugs out? Be patient. Enjoy the easy money. You will be sweating soon enough. An all new launch does not happen overnight. The people who are in charge have their heads on the chopping block, unlike you. If they screw up, they are history. The complexity of launching an all new vehicle is mind-boggling. Ford has done it countless times, and I am confident that they can do it countless more times. There is a lot riding on this launch, so they are being very careful to do it right.

Every launch has its problems; like in the hundreds. That is normal, no matter which company it is. They all get ironed out. Putting out that kind of information to the public may mislead them. What is the sense of running the lines full speed before they get the bugs out? Be patient. Enjoy the easy money. You will be sweating soon enough. An all new launch does not happen overnight. The people who are in charge have their heads on the chopping block, unlike you. If they screw up, they are history. The complexity of launching an all new vehicle is mind-boggling. Ford has done it countless times, and I am confident that they can do it countless more times. There is a lot riding on this launch, so they are being very careful to do it right.

Don't get me wrong... I think this would actually be a great vehicle when the bugs are worked out, but there are many issues that management hasn't bothered working out yet. Instead of being proactive, they are being reactive. They know something is wrong, but won't bother addressing it until it becomes a big problem. Seriously, they said the will deal with it when it becomes a big problem... and it was said to our foreman and the workers. I figure that if they fixed the problems when they come across it the first time it would be a lot easier.

This would be a car to buy once everything is worked out.

Don't get me wrong... I think this would actually be a great vehicle when the bugs are worked out, but there are many issues that management hasn't bothered working out yet. Instead of being proactive, they are being reactive. They know something is wrong, but won't bother addressing it until it becomes a big problem. Seriously, they said the will deal with it when it becomes a big problem... and it was said to our foreman and the workers. I figure that if they fixed the problems when they come across it the first time it would be a lot easier.

This would be a car to buy once everything is worked out.

I hope that you are wrong. The Edge should be thought of as a baby embryo. They should spare no expense in order to ensure a healthy birth. One work station which is not set up properly equals five years of inefficiency and/or ergonomic problems. One defective part equals five years of warranty payments. I could go on, but I believe that you can see what I am saying. I believe that Ford is on the ball, and everything will be fine, but not magically overnight. It takes a bit of time. Be patient.

We just ordered our new 2007 Ford Edge SEL - AWD last Thursday, October 5th. We got the Blazing Copper Metallic with the Camel interior along with the SEL Plus Seating Flexibility Package & Premium Package. The other options are the 18" painted aluminum wheels, DVD navigation system, Panoramic power vista roof, reverse sensing system, rear cargo mgmt system. With the X plan discount we are able to add the DVD navigation system free since the total cost for us will be around $32,000 USD. Our delear indicated that we should be able to get it by Thanskgiving and we are keeping our fingers crossed. Looking forward to having it as soon as possible. :shift: :cheerleader: