New here and looking for some help

Midwestern girl

Welcome to the forum! I assume you are having issues with the gas tank, from your Interests byline? I believe Ford is getting around to addressing that issue now, but I would not wait to have it fixed. Have it done at the dealer, keep your receipts, file for reimbursement. It is not inexpensive (I have heard up to $2,000, mostly cost for the new tank), maybe the dealer can do financing for you.

http://www.fordedgeforum.com/topic/15219-gasfuel-tank-leak/

http://www.fordedgeforum.com/topic/12839-serious-gas-tank-leak/

Edited by WWWPerfA_ZN0W

Welcome to the forum! I assume you are having issues with the gas tank, from your Interests byline? I believe Ford is getting around to addressing that issue now, but I would not wait to have it fixed. Have it done at the dealer, keep your receipts, file for reimbursement. It is not inexpensive (I have heard up to $2,000, mostly cost for the new tank), maybe the dealer can do financing for you.

http://www.fordedgeforum.com/topic/15219-gasfuel-tank-leak/

http://www.fordedgeforum.com/topic/12839-serious-gas-tank-leak/

Those links show that Ford HAS issued a recall for the gas tank problem as of Oct 28, 2014. Recall # 14S22 according to the last link on page 3 of that post. No need to pay anything, unless you have the repair done elsewhere. However, you only have until I believe January 5, 2015 to submit for any reimbursement cost. After that, it sounds like unless Ford does the work, you will not be reimbursed.

Do you know if product availability is different for an out-of-pocket repair vs recall repair?

Sorry, I have no idea. If my car leaked and could not be fixed because of a part shortage, you better believe there would be some type of deal worked out to either get it repaired, or to put me into a safe vehicle until mine was repaired. To continue driving it while it is under a recall due to a safety issue is not acceptable IMHO.

Quick note that several months ago I leased a GM product. After much back and forth, I was able to get the deal I wanted because of some "hidden" money GM had provided dealers with. Remember all those GM recalls? Dealerships were swamped with having to provide loaners and had to put more loaner vehicles into their system. The end result was that GM gave dealerships "vouchers" that they could provide to customers to help close a deal. I was given two vouchers, each worth $250.00 towards my lease which were NOT a part of any other rebates or incentives.

My point is that in that case, GM stepped up to help dealers provide additional loaners due to the recalls. I don't see why Ford couldn't also provide loaners in this case. Or get the supplier to start some overtime shift work.

How did a $500 rebate on a new vehicle help get you a loaner for your old one?

I didn't say I got a loaner or even owned any GM cars that had a recall. When I was negotiating a price on a lease a few moths ago, I was given an extra $500.00 towards the lease in order to close the deal. The money was given to the dealer by GM because they had previously had to put extra loaners into service to have available for customers that needed the recalls done and that were entitled to a loaner.

The dealer told me that many dealerships got various amounts of extra money, depending on how many extra loaners they put into service. The dealership then could use as many or as few of each voucher they received ($250.00 each) on whatever customer they wanted to. The vouchers could also be used for purchase, lease, or even service from what I recall. I leased at the end of September, and the vouchers were only good to the end of that month.

I was pointing out that GM found themselves on the short end of the stick because of all the recalls in such a short time span, and that they helped their dealers that had to increase their loaner car numbers. Just saying that with the shortage of parts to repair a safety and dangerous condition, I am sure Ford could somehow help their dealers provide loaners to those who need the repair but can't get the parts right away.

• Like 1