Installing Backup Camera in 2013 Edge SEL?

Hi

I am looking at purchasing a 2013 Ford Edge Sel which has all the trim options I want besides the backup camera. It has the myford touch screen and sync and I am surprised it didn't have a backup camera. I want to find out if its even possible to buyOEM backup camera and have it work in the car? How will the car know to switch to the screen when in reverse, how to get thebackup distance lines? Is it just a software update that will need to be installed by the dealer after I install the camera? How much does the software update cost?

The vehicle is at a good price and would be worth me spending up to $300 to get a backup camera installed but if it is going to be problematic I will just hold out for another Edge that has everything I need.

$300 installed will be a little low. The camera alone will probably cost about half that. I don't know if the wiring harness for the camera is installed in vehicles that didn't come with the camera from the factory. The harness is probably not expensive but the labor to install it would be.

If you go with a LockPick, you'll have more flexibility in setup (OEM camera or aftermarket, etc.) and it adds features like being able to activate the camera in any gear but it costs $350 plus the camera plus the harness plus installation. It just happens that I have a LockPick for sale for $175 shipped if you decide to go that route.