2015 Edge owner manual

2015 Ford Edge has TPMS which show individual tire pressures according to the owners manual posted by Magnetic. The spare is not monitored. Page 103. Also most lamps use LED except front direction indicator, headlamps and license plate lamp. Page 275

Edited by JimPA
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

2015 Ford Edge has TPMS which show individual tire pressures according to the owners manual posted by Magnetic. The spare is not monitored. Page 103. Also most lamps use LED except front direction indicator, headlamps and license plate lamp. Page 275

Wonder why the rear directions are LED while the front ones are still incandescent? And then the license plate one. I mean, if you're going LED, go all the way. But I suspect there is a legitimite reason for this. Anyone?

High wattage LEDs cost more than regular bulbs. Ever look at the cost for a 60W equivalent LED bulb for your house? The cost to manufacture is probably 10%-25% of retail. That'd be my guess. Besides they have to leave some of the fancier touches for the Lincoln MKX.

I agree LED is more expensive, although pricing is coming down dramatically as volumes grow. With the steady increase of gadgets available now, saving a few watts with LED here and there keeps the battery load under control. My real point was why leave out the front directionals while everything else went LED?