2015 Ford Edge - What's New?

blitz118

attachicon.gifimage.jpgattachicon.gifimage.jpgattachicon.gifimage.jpgattachicon.gifimage.jpg

I just picked up my titanium today. I will log about 1000 miles this week and will let you know my opinion. The 2.0 is peppy, but not fast....make sense. The torque really peaks at about 3000rpm as they state. I am very satisfied with my choice this time around with opting for the lighter interior instead of the black that comes in the sport. The magnetic metallic and the soft ceramic go very well together in my opinion. I am anxious to order my 2016 and it will be sport as I have drive that engine for a while.

My Sport is a blast to drive. Power comes on strong and doesn't let up. Some poor sap in a newer Focus sedan found that out the hard way when we both went from a light to a merging freeway on-ramp and he thought he could take me off the line. (WB I-96 ramp from NB Tele if you know the area)

• Like 1

My Sport is a blast to drive. Power comes on strong and doesn't let up. Some poor sap in a newer Focus sedan found that out the hard way when we both went from a light to a merging freeway on-ramp and he thought he could take me off the line. (WB I-96 ramp from NB Tele if you know the area)

I do in fact know the area well! That new focus, the RS(?) looks like a beast.....i would love to drive one of those for a little while once they offer them stateside...maybe next year. But I have my eyes set on a sport just to race around in that f-150 engine in a family wagon has got to be refreshing. Did you get the 21 tire/wheel pkg? I read somewhere that the package is for "summer" tires. Is that true? My 22"s on my 2011 sport were pirelli's and they did fine in the snow and ice.

I do in fact know the area well! That new focus, the RS(?) looks like a beast.....i would love to drive one of those for a little while once they offer them stateside...maybe next year. But I have my eyes set on a sport just to race around in that f-150 engine in a family wagon has got to be refreshing. Did you get the 21 tire/wheel pkg? I read somewhere that the package is for "summer" tires. Is that true? My 22"s on my 2011 sport were pirelli's and they did fine in the snow and ice.

I didn't get the 21" wheels as they weren't available to order until just recently, as were the summer tires. The summer tires are and additional option on top of the 21" wheels which come standard with all-season Pirellis. I would love to get my hands on a set of those wheels though. The standard wheels just don't look as mean as the 21's.

• Like 1

I didn't get the 21" wheels as they weren't available to order until just recently, as were the summer tires. The summer tires are and additional option on top of the 21" wheels which come standard with all-season Pirellis. I would love to get my hands on a set of those wheels though. The standard wheels just don't look as mean as the 21's.

I tell you what, if they offers the sport in the magnetic metallic, with last year's 22" tire wheel package, I would probably order 2! Looking at this thing in the garage, man that car would would explode with style, attitude and class. I have said before, I am not a big fan of the "dark" rims. Between the chrome which would pickup the chrome accents especially on the belt line, I know that the sport the trim is blacked out, but also the octagonal running lights look really nice with chrome in the vacinity of them. I have said that since day one with the sport, they need to offer a gray of some sort, only black and silver available. If this wasn't a management incremental lease, I would buy a set of the 2014 22" rims and run those babies through the summer at least....on this vehicle. When I came out of the rest area on the turnpike, there were 6 people standing around my buggy like at a car show. I think ford should shoot me a set of those rims for my "walk-a-round" of the newest edge. I don't know if I sold any, but I know that 3 people for sure are going to show up at their local dealer and look more closely at it! Ford monitor.......are you listening/reading???!!,!

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...