Change oil filter from the top.
Torque vectoring
Head and leg room
Reclining seats
Pretty cool information there. ;-)

A nice informational video.
Edited by ono
  • Like 1

He also said the 2015 was derived from the Fusion platform and the pre-2015s were not and were derived from a Mazda platform. Absolutely false. CD3 was derived from Mazda and the original Edge was derived from that. Not from Mazda.

Don't believe everything a salesman tells you.

Not really, the original Edge came straight from a Mazda platform, all the early prototypes were built of of Mazda MPVs. The Mazda CX-9 and the Edge are very similar underneath.

Edited by Waldo

This video was really informative. I had no idea the rear seats would recline. Also, due to my lack of attention, I didn't realize that the Titanium 301A or 302A package allowed you to select "Cognac" color leather. It's a nice looking color! I also didn't know that the LED light bar that goes across the entire rear of the Edge would not be included with the SE or SEL.

I was 100% sold on getting the SEL because my must have features of having the garage door opener, sunroof, heated front seats, remote start and MyKey system were offered in the SEL. I didn't really care if I didn't get the heated steering wheel, a/c front seats, heated rear seats, HD radio or ambient lighting offered in the Titanum. BUT, that cognac color may just be enough for me to justify the extra $1000+ for the options that are nice to have in the 301A package.

Edited by cab2g
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Thank you cab2g. That answers my questions. A much improved change for the cargo cover which now looks to be retractable.

I had a retractable cargo cover in my previous Subaru Outback. The guy I bought the car from said he didn't use it because it was always in the way of something; I tried putting it in a few times and he was right.

I prefer the Edge with the tinted rear windows now (of course, I live in a good neighbourhood in good city - crime wise at least).

Edited by factor99

Thanks, Blitz. I've been waiting for review comments on the Sport, and there are some positive ones here:

More expensive than even the Titanium, the Ford Edge Sport fixes some of these issues. Its 2.7-liter EcoBoost V-6, straight out of the most efficient aluminum F-150 and rated a healthy 315 hp and 350 lb-ft, feels like a V-8 in the Edge and without serious turbo lag. With stiffer shocks and springs, the Sport exhibits satisfyingly damped rebound on short hills and gulleys, and the steering loses that loose on-center feel. Ford says the electronic power-assisted steering is different in the Sport versus other trim levels, but surely some credit goes to the 21-inch Pirelli P Zero summer tires on our tester. They gripped the mountain curves and the short, twistier side-road diversion like we were driving a Mustang GT.

OK, a bit of an exaggeration, but the 2015 Ford Edge Sport has more than enough power, and it handles really, really well … for a tall, 4,300-or-so-pound sport-utility vehicle.
The question is: What do you want with a conveyance like this? A primary vehicle that comfortably transports your dogs, takes everything you might buy from the weekend farmers market, and is fun-ish to drive if your off-ramp to work is clear on Monday morning? Or do you want it to complement the Mustang GT or Miata or Cayman S in the other space in your garage?