Job 1 vs Job 2

Sean Jones

Hey guys just got back from the dealership. Was asking about pricing anf when the expect 2015 Edge to come in. Was told that they expect them in the summer, then later on was told maybe a month. I had read on here (I think) that they "should" arrive my early March. Anyways, salesman told me that they only ordered a few Edge's, 3 SEL and 1 titanium, from the job 1 line and won't make another order until job 2 is in production. I was told they will have lots of the job 2's, just need to wait. I asked why wait until job 2 and he said it's because no job 1 Edge will have a heated steering wheel.

So I guess my question is has anybody heard this about the steering wheel? I haven't heard a thing. Second, when does job 2 ususally start? Is there a specific time frame for when job 2 starts on vehicles or is it just when they change something?

Maybe hopefully job 2 will also include sync 3.

I'm getting impatient waiting for these to get here!

Hey guys just got back from the dealership. Was asking about pricing anf when the expect 2015 Edge to come in. Was told that they expect them in the summer, then later on was told maybe a month. I had read on here (I think) that they "should" arrive my early March. Anyways, salesman told me that they only ordered a few Edge's, 3 SEL and 1 titanium, from the job 1 line and won't make another order until job 2 is in production. I was told they will have lots of the job 2's, just need to wait. I asked why wait until job 2 and he said it's because no job 1 Edge will have a heated steering wheel.

So I guess my question is has anybody heard this about the steering wheel? I haven't heard a thing. Second, when does job 2 ususally start? Is there a specific time frame for when job 2 starts on vehicles or is it just when they change something?

Maybe hopefully job 2 will also include sync 3.

I'm getting impatient waiting for these to get here!

Maybe instead of job 2 they will just call it the 2016 Ford Edge ? Bring in heated steering wheel in sport trim and All new Synx 3 that going to be in all 2016 and later Ford Models. I am going to wait before ordering . Most car manufactures and other Ford models are already advertising there 2016 that are coming out in couple months. They could of did like Volvo did this year with naming the Volvo XC60 a 2015.5 year.

• Like 1

Maybe instead of job 2 they will just call it the 2016 Ford Edge ? Bring in heated steering wheel in sport trim and All new Synx 3 that going to be in all 2016 and later Ford Models. I am going to wait before ordering . Most car manufactures and other Ford models are already advertising there 2016 that are coming out in couple months. They could of did like Volvo did this year with naming the Volvo XC60 a 2015.5 year.

What's the point of the 2015.5 designation since the vin will either reflect it as a '15 or '16? Kind of how all the first year Mustangs were technically 1965's.

Job 2 is usually 90 days after Job 1.

Most people don't realize that the model year designation plays a big part in CAFE calculations. OEMs will often juggle the timing of model years to help balance CAFE, for example if Ford expects to sell a lot of 2015 V8 Mustangs, they might consider extending the 2015 model year of the Focus. The CAFE calculation averages the total volume of the model year, not the calendar year.

• Like 1

What's the point of the 2015.5 designation since the vin will either reflect it as a '15 or '16? Kind of how all the first year Mustangs were technically 1965's.

Actually, it wasn't just a technicality. Ford never called the first Mustang a 64.5 - that was an enthusiast thing. Ford introduced the Mustang in April 1964 but it was always designated as a 1965 model. At that time it seemed really early because all of the domestic manufacturers introduced their new model years in the fall - so the Mustang was about five months early. These days even collectors don't care about 64.5 versus 65.

Edited by TheWizard