Perforated Leather Trimmed Seats

I’m looking at the option of having perforated leather trimmed seats for my future 2015 Edge Titanium and I wonder what your experience with this kind of seats is.

My opinion is that a smooth leather will hold much better than perf’d leather.

My car is almost 5 years old and I have perforated leather. There are no issues with stretching or tearing around the perforation. I also do not notice collection of dust/grime in the holes either. The holes are so tiny.

My wife's '09 MKS has perforated seats, along with my '12 MKX. Hers are starting to split where the perforated part of the seat meets the solid section. Going to have this seat portion re-skinned. I do keep the seats clean and treated, and the car is garaged year round. Maybe we just got a bad portion of leather, I don't know. Lincoln puts in the bridge-of-weir leather, maybe it's TOO SOFT ! My '06 Explorer had perforated leather, and til today, it still looks good, the shop forman at our dealership bought it, so I occasionally get to see it.

Edited by JOEHIO

The perf’d seats are in option 301A, $1,300CAD, which also includes "Heated / Cooled front and rear seats, BLIS, heated steering, auto dim exterior driver side mirror and 110VAC outlet.

I’m only interested in the BLIS system from this package because the Titanium standard package 300A only has the exterior mirrors with the integrated blind spot mirrors which I don’t like.

But from the picture provided in post 9, I don’t like the perf’d seats either so most likely I will keep my $1,300

The perf’d seats are in option 301A, $1,300CAD, which also includes "Heated / Cooled front and rear seats, BLIS, heated steering, auto dim exterior driver side mirror and 110VAC outlet.

I’m only interested in the BLIS system from this package because the Titanium standard package 300A only has the exterior mirrors with the integrated blind spot mirrors which I don’t like.

But from the picture provided in post 9, I don’t like the perf’d seats either so most likely I will keep my $1,300

You can get BLIS on a 300A, which does not have the heated/cooled seats, if you opt for the Technology Pkg.

Edited by Magnetic Edge

The Technology Pkg was available on my 2013 Edge Ltd and I took it however this package, according to the 2015 sales brocure, is not available anymore on the 2015 Titanium. On this brocure page 10 of 12 Titanium std equipment group 300A, the only available options are equipment group 301A + 302A plus some accessories. 301A has what I described above and 302A has some driving assist technologies and HID headlamps etc. Its strange Ford left out the technology package on the 2015 models

The Technology Pkg was available on my 2013 Edge Ltd and I took it however this package, according to the 2015 sales brocure, is not available anymore on the 2015 Titanium. On this brocure page 10 of 12 Titanium std equipment group 300A, the only available options are equipment group 301A + 302A plus some accessories. 301A has what I described above and 302A has some driving assist technologies and HID headlamps etc. Its strange Ford left out the technology package on the 2015 models

Trust me, the Technology Pkg is available on the 300A. Always refer to the official Order Guide to see what options are available with each trim package. The Order Guide can be found in another thread on the site.