New '15 Sport AWD Owner

WingNut

Bought from stock. This one was not listed on their website. He said it just arrived. I saw a silver one too that I liked so it was between the silver sport and my white one. Vin ending 26446

FWIW my incoming Sport FWD VIN ends 30035. I ordered it on January 2 and hoping it arrives in NJ in 7-10 days. Good luck with the new Edge. Looks good in your photos.

But putting MORE vehicles into the used market will drive residual values DOWN, not up. Ford makes short leases attractive because it helps them sell more new ones - period. They don't care about the used car market nor should they.

Ā 

Yes it may help the dealer network but dealers are not Ford. Huge difference there.

Ā 

Ā 

Personally, I don't believe that anyone should buy a brand new vehicle...lease 'em. I buy things that appreciate in value, not depreciate. I lease items that depreciate. Just like I would never buy a brand new boat or expensive "toy" if at all possible....let the first owner take the huge hit. But I would look at a 2015 vehicle in 2017 with 20,000 miles on it....compared to a new 2017 model....as much as these things cost now, it amazes me how many people buy new cars.

Ā 

You do understand that there is virtually no difference between leasing a new vehicle for 3 yrs and buying a new one and selling it after 3 years, right? In both cases you're paying the first 3 years depreciation on the vehicle. Only the terms of the financing is different. And sometimes you can get better factory subsidies on the lease. But you're still paying the first 3 yrs depreciation.

Ā 

You don't have to justify leasing - it's a great way to drive a new vehicle every 2-3 years and sometimes you can get screaming deals. I saw a brand new Lincoln MKZ lease (regular or hybrid) for $289/month for 39 months with $4K down.

Thanks for the pictures. I just ordered a White Sport AWD 400a for the wife with panoramic roof and Blis. The car will be here 5/18. I test drove one and the car is really refined and powerful. I have a Mustang GT and my wife currently drives a G37x, so I was a bit concerned that it wouldn't feel quick. The 2.7L is deceptively quick in this vehicle.

Ā 

I ended up leasing as the pricing was really fair. I did a lot of research and here's the current lease program for those thinking about leasing:

Ā 

MF: 1.5% (divide by 2400)

Residual: 61%

$1250 lease cash (might qualify for other incentives as well)

Ā 

This might differ by region or state. I am in the Chicago suburbs.

Ā 

Lastly, does anyone know if the factory tow hitch will work with the Sport bumper? I'd really like to add a tow hitch as the vehicle should be able to tow 3,500 lbs just like the other models.

Edited by jason05gt

• 3 months later...

I love this car. Had a 2010 Edge then 2013. Both nice cars but 3.5 engine a little buzzy, 2013 shifted a lot better than 2010 but still sometimes had to stomp the accelerator to get car to downshift when it should. Also had FWD in both. The 2015 Sport is a completely different car, especially with AWD. Plenty of power, transmission shifts easily and the AWD just feels so much more fun accelerating around turns. I haven't enjoyed a vehicle like this in a long time. Very quiet too. Mine is silver with standard 20" rims and pretty basic - no moon roof, no power lift gate no blindspot mirror. Quite a value for the money, imo.

I love this car. Had a 2010 Edge then 2013. Both nice cars but 3.5 engine a little buzzy, 2013 shifted a lot better than 2010 but still sometimes had to stomp the accelerator to get car to downshift when it should. Also had FWD in both. The 2015 Sport is a completely different car, especially with AWD. Plenty of power, transmission shifts easily and the AWD just feels so much more fun accelerating around turns. I haven't enjoyed a vehicle like this in a long time. Very quiet too. Mine is silver with standard 20" rims and pretty basic - no moon roof, no power lift gate no blindspot mirror. Quite a value for the money, imo.

Ā 

Throw it in Sport Mode (S below the D on the shifter) and really have some fun.

• 1 month later...

I also assumed S forced paddle shifters. I didn't want to push it until the break-in period is over (1000 miles according to manual) so I was waiting to do much with the shifters. But I supposed I'll give S a try!

I just tried this myself as I am at 1,500 miles and I must say the 2.7 in sport mode is a blast to drive. I have the AWD as well. I am so glad I went with the sport as I think this 2.7 ecoboost is the perfect engine for this SUV. I am currenlty averaging 22 mpg and my buddy who has the SEL with the 2.0 ecoboost is only doing a few more miles per gallon than I am.

Ā 

An added note that the sport tows very well.

Ā 

Jeff

I'm driving the 3.5 V6. I loooved the sport in test drive but could not get on board with the all black interior and I couldn't find it in an exterior color I liked with AWD. That being said I did try S mode and definitely noticed the shift improvements. I'll probably always have a pang for what could have been but I'm so pleased with my cognac interior and AWD! And S ups the excitement factor enough to make me want to use it all the time. I'm not in the gas mileage mindset that's for sure!