Just ordered a 2015 Edge!

Beyond eventually getting a build date, you can't track by yourself. Everybody will tell you your dealer can, but the reports they get (or should I say mine got) don't seem to always match reality. No one of this forum has really explained how the tracking process works. There is obviously a method for tracking, but those in the know won't share the details.

The only client accessible tool is Ford's ETIS site which, from my experience, will show a real build date the day the vehicle leaves the assembly line. So you can get an anticipated build date from your dealer, then check up on ETIS every day to see when the build is complete.

Normally, how long does it usually take for Ford to issue the VIN once they get the order from the dealer?

Thanks

Depends on if the dealer has an allocation for an Edge at the time the orders are pulled (early Thur mornings). Best case scenario it will happen very soon, and it's when the vehicle gets "scheduled".

Roughly 3 weeks for VIN (your dealer should provide this once it is created), another 2 weeks for the window sticker (research maniacs website), then 7-10 days for build date (Ford ETIS website)... Transportation from the factory to your dealer is the big variable. Anywhere from 4 days to 4 weeks depending on railroad schedules, truck loads scheduled for your dealer, and a lot of other factors mostly outside the scope of control of Ford or your dealer.

• 2 weeks later...

How do I contact her?

Hi garrett62 - If you go to: Welcome Forum!

There is a thread there - Official Ford Service Rep "out of office" - Tricia's contact info is in there as well as others for when she is out, btw she is out the rest of this week it appears. Maybe contact one of the other Reps in there...

Good luck!

Edited by Bossross