Has anybody tried using anything like the SCT Tuner, etc. to change the transmission shift points to make

it drive a little better?

I like my Edge, like not love, but the transmission is terrible. Slow slushy shifts, clunks now and then, driving slow in traffic is a nightmare the way it bucks from 1st to second sometimes. I know I'm not the only one who has had these issues. Mine has been present since the day I bought it.

Very tempted to get rid of this vehicle and get something more fun to drive if I can't fix this transmission.

:(

Welcome to the forum! Would love to know some details on your Edge. Model, trim level, mileage, driving style, maintenance history, etc.

The transmission programming is a composite of the manufacturer's desired goals at a price point. Not going to be ideal usually, but "good enough", especially with the adaptive PCM capability. Regular maintenance (e.g., changing trans fluid, changing spark plugs, etc.) also helps a great deal in this regard. Winter gas will exaggerate any "ill effects" also.

I have a 13 SEL and feel the same way. I prefer driving my F-150 4 door 4 x 4 service truck. Way more pep and more fun to drive.

Down shifting on the edge is my dislike. You have to depress the accelerator way to much to get it to down shift. By the time it downshifts, your nearly 3/4 of the way to the floor and then it's over accelerating once it does shift.

Not sure why they put 6 gears in it if it's always in fifth in the city. Feels like your always pulling a pup trailer.