Hello Folks

Smitty

Welcome to the community, Smitty, congrats on your '12 SEL! AWD/FWD? Color? Pix to share? :)

Thanks for the welcome...

FWD, Ginger Ale Metallic

So far...really liking it! Just have to get the book out and learn how to use all the options etc.

post-35364-0-00666900-1431565117_thumb.jpg

post-35364-0-40239300-1431565124_thumb.jpg

post-35364-0-26973300-1431565131_thumb.jpg

post-35364-0-26685900-1431565137_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Hey there, Smitty. Welcome to the forum. Nice color on your new ride. I've got a '13 SEL; ('11 to '14 are basically the same as you may know). Picked mine up in October '14 and lovin'it so far. No regrets. I even like this body style better than the new '15 model.

One thing you'll want to do quickly is get mud guards for the front;or otherwise be ready for tire shine and road grime to spray all up the side panels.

Based on my recent experience, I highly recommend the Husky brand over the OEM guards...

http://www.fordedgeforum.com/topic/15694-ford-edge-splash-guards/?do=findComment&comment=122110

All the best of luck with you new-to-you ride!

True...I can not leave a vehicle stock for to long. Will have to start looking at performance toys before to long, CAI, tuner, etc.

The older folks will understand this...some traction bars (put on backwards for front wheel drive ;) ), Cragers or Keystones, air shocks (need to get the wider tires underneath), 750 dual pumper and a hi-rise...she will be ready to go then.