Exterior chrome door handles

cmiles123, here is the link to the exact ones I ordered: http://www.lombardfordaccessories.com/productDetail.cfm?productID=13049&categoryID=56&productTypeID=4

They're $67 + shipping for the whole set of door handle replacements. I don't know why the page says they enhance your stock handles or that they're covers, it must be some kind of typo because I completely removed and replaced my stock handles with them.

The description does say the kit includes 4 door handles and the part number, 9T4Z-7822404-AA, is for the chrome door handles when looked up.

Also should note, some parts list show them as being for the 2009-2010 Edges. I have a 2010 so don't know if they will or will not work for any others. Their customer service was pretty good though so I'm sure you could always call them to confirm, they were nice enough to call me to say my order would be delayed by a few days b/c they were out of stock at the time. Still got them the next week :)

Chloe13,

Could you link to the actual handles you got. Following the website you provided I found covers but not the whole handle replacement. I found handles from another site mentioned elsewhere but the price was not $80 shipped (more like $130).

Thanks

Thanks chloe13.... That's what threw me off as the description says they are covers and I wanted the whole handle replacement. Thanks for confirming that they are indeed the whole handle. I've ordered mine and will post a pic of the results after they are installed...

cmiles123, here is the link to the exact ones I ordered: http://www.lombardfordaccessories.com/productDetail.cfm?productID=13049&categoryID=56&productTypeID=4

They're $67 + shipping for the whole set of door handle replacements. I don't know why the page says they enhance your stock handles or that they're covers, it must be some kind of typo because I completely removed and replaced my stock handles with them.

The description does say the kit includes 4 door handles and the part number, 9T4Z-7822404-AA, is for the chrome door handles when looked up.

Also should note, some parts list show them as being for the 2009-2010 Edges. I have a 2010 so don't know if they will or will not work for any others. Their customer service was pretty good though so I'm sure you could always call them to confirm, they were nice enough to call me to say my order would be delayed by a few days b/c they were out of stock at the time. Still got them the next week :)

As promised here are some pics of my edge with the chrome handles installed. For someone that likes chrome, it finishes it off quite nicely. You car "murderers" out there won't like it :) In the spirit of spreading info I also scanned the instructions that came with the handles so that people can see what's involved. Very easy to install...

post-9440-127491284163_thumb.jpg post-9440-127491284794_thumb.jpg post-9440-127491286045_thumb.jpg post-9440-127491286624_thumb.jpg

An important thing to note about the chrome door handles!

After speaking with Ford, I've found out that MKX's (possibly the edge also) manufactured before 1-15-07 are NOT compatible with the these chrome door handles. Anything after that date is good. After 1-15-07 they changed a lot about the way the MKX was manufactured. Those MKX's are very close to the 2008's. You can check your date by looking on the sticker on the driver door. Mine said 3/07.

So anyways my handles will be in Friday! A local body shop picked them up discounted for me using the part numbers in this thread. :D

As promised here are some pics of my edge with the chrome handles installed. For someone that likes chrome, it finishes it off quite nicely. You car "murderers" out there won't like it :) In the spirit of spreading info I also scanned the instructions that came with the handles so that people can see what's involved. Very easy to install...post-9440-127491284163_thumb.jpg post-9440-127491284794_thumb.jpg post-9440-127491286045_thumb.jpg post-9440-127491286624_thumb.jpg

Hi Cmiles, can you tell me where you got the chrome edging and the step bars from?

Also in your instructions for the door handles, it looks like the instructions for the back handles. For the front handles I'm guessing it's the same, how do you remove the cover around the key hole?

Thanks.

post-9730-127506860846_thumb.jpg

Hi Cmiles, can you tell me where you got the chrome edging and the step bars from?

Also in your instructions for the door handles, it looks like the instructions for the back handles. For the front handles I'm guessing it's the same, how do you remove the cover around the key hole?

Thanks.

Hi 4DOOR2NV,

The chrome edging came with the car and I suspect is stock with a Limited Edge though someone with more knowledge might be able to confirm. I believe you have an SEL edge.

The only custom stuff I've done is:

- nerf bars from here http://www.autoanything.com/nerf-bars/73A4540A0A0A3118319.aspx

- door side molding form here http://www.sportwing.com/ford-edge-body-side-molding.aspx

- chrome door handles

Regarding the door handles the instructions apply to all doors. You obviously just attach the one with a hole to the driver side that has the keyhole :). When you loosen the torx screw in the door the pieces become loose and are easily pulled off. It was a little trickier putting the new handle back as you have to make sure the handle catches the "internals" that unlock the door. It's not that difficult you just have to loosen the torx screw enough to get it to catch and the first time you do it you're worried the torx screw will come completely out and fall in the door :)

• 4 months later...

I just put chrome door handles on my Edge as well last week :)

I bought all 4 door handles for only about 80 bucks including shipping!

They're from Ford and the real-deal, not stick-on. I found them from another thread here that suggested using ford-parts-direct.com which was way cheaper than the dealer wanted.

The install was easy, though admittedly my dad did do it. He was worried about dropping the screws inside the door panel but you don't actually have to unscrew them all the way. You just loosen it up enough to get the stock handles off and switch them. It took less than 10 min to do all 4 (instructions comes with them but he didn't bother reading them of course)

Here's an after pic if anyone's interested:

34np7bl.jpg

Are these handles heavy duty? I was thinking of getting them but can't tell if they look like cheap plastic.

• 8 months later...

Thanks for all your help. One quick question, the "8A8Z-74218A14-AA (chrome bezel with key hole, 11.86 each, 1 needed)" keeps giving me a not found error on the titus website. Is the skew number perhaps incorrect? Thanks!

Hi JPark,

Do you have the diagram for installing the chrome door handles. I am planning to do this myself, so wanted to know what would it take to get it done. I did not want break any clips while removing the inside door panels.

Thank you,

Sachin.

• 3 years later...

Just painted my drivers door handle.. some _______ parking dinged the handle. removal took 3 minutes painting and clearing took 2 hours to do and dry. I watched Chuck Norris in Delta Force for the drying time and reassembled the handle in another 5 minutes after cleaning under it. Boy that Chuck Norris can really act. LOL :rant2: