picking up new 2015 sport edge what should i inspect

Okay any fit and finish problems or bad

Parts. I saw boots for turbo coming off.

Hows the transmission holding up. Any

Rattles or lose parts.

Ā 

The only issues I have seen on this forum that seems to have been a problem for multiple members are:

Ā 

1. Water Leak

2. Rattle from behind driver. (resolved. easy fix)

3. SunRoof rattle while open.

Well sport came in yesterday. This is what i found

Wrong. Right rear door applique bent near roof,

Finger prints on head liner, left rear door sill wont seat

Properly. Had less than 10 miles on vehicle.

Service manager knew about water leak check

It to see if it had the fix and it did. He knew about

All the problems with the edge. So before i signed

For edge being still a ford owned it would get parts

Faster and repaired quicker.wife drove it she likes

The ride oh and no rattles. I did check drivers floor

For water none present.

Well sport came in yesterday. This is what i found

Wrong. Right rear door applique bent near roof,

Finger prints on head liner, left rear door sill wont seat

Properly. Had less than 10 miles on vehicle.

Service manager knew about water leak check

It to see if it had the fix and it did. He knew about

All the problems with the edge. So before i signed

For edge being still a ford owned it would get parts

Faster and repaired quicker.wife drove it she likes

The ride oh and no rattles. I did check drivers floor

For water none present.

Ā 

"It had Fix". What is the actual fix? Because I am reading the dash needs to come out. Did they pull your dash off to check?

Ā 

Good sign that you don't see any water. But I'd run it through a car wash a few times to ensure no leaks.

Ā 

Did they take care of the issues (finger prints and door issues)?

Ā 

Also these doors can be a pain to close compared to other cars due to the cabin seal. My 8 y/o daughter sometimes has issues pulling it closed so I may leave my door open while she closes it.

Ā 

* Some clarification. The dash doesn't need to come out UNLESS there is moisture in the dash.

Edited by WingNut

Anyone have the TSB #? I am picking my Sport up on Monday and want to make sure this is addressed before delivery.

Ā 

I've been googling with no luck.

Ā 

If your Sport has been outside in the rain, just check the floors for signs of it being wet. And I'm sure the dealer can contact someone to get info on what to look for.

Ā 

I have a hard time trusting some dealers. They are in the business to sell the cars. They want them signed for and out the door then worry about issues after. So they'll tell you anything to get that signature because they know you can't just bring the car back and say "Don't like it and I want my money back".

Ā 

I've been googling with no luck.

Ā 

If your Sport has been outside in the rain, just check the floors for signs of it being wet. And I'm sure the dealer can contact someone to get info on what to look for.

Ā 

I have a hard time trusting some dealers. They are in the business to sell the cars. They want them signed for and out the door then worry about issues after. So they'll tell you anything to get that signature because they know you can't just bring the car back and say "Don't like it and I want my money back".

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

I just texted the sales manager. He's an enthusiast and straight shooter. I'll have more information shortly. He's also checking to make sure that my vehicle doesn't qualify for the corrosion recall. Based on production dates, it doesn't. It doesn't hurt to double check.

ordered new edge titanium 4 weeks ago,hope to get it by june 20/15, about 8 weeks, thanks for the heads up on checking vehicle prior to taking it home, Ordered a Gm truck a number of years ago, got home, noticed a chip on the pass. side windshield, went back to the dealer

and had a hell of a time with them. they claimed it happened when I took it home, I know it happened during transport, they did pay