Costco car purchase program

I just purchased a new Edge Titanium. I have been a longtime customer of COSTCO, have never checked into their purchase program. I went online filled out the forum and sent it in. It returns a build out form, gives you sticker, and invoice prices. It also gives a couple dealers that are in the program and a couple people at each dealer that you should deal with. I got a call soon after. The salesman new what I wanted by the information I had sent in. Said Costco demands they show the invoice to you, They can only ad $100. to the invoice. Easiest deal I ever made. You can still try and get some of the hold back, but it sure starts you at a good point. I had a couple quotes from other dealers, this blew them out of the water. I have been buying a new car every couple years, this was the easiest ever.

• Like 1

The Costco program in the Seattle area is $150 off from dealer invoice less any rebates at the time of delivery ( currently a $500 rebate and 1.9 % financiang ) , plus delivery $895 , fuel $48.96 and TLR ... dealer had little interest in providing any info during the 13 week wait or getting things ready to deliver ... we did opt for the 100,000 mile bumper to bumper warranty $2,100 ...

Absolutely love the Titanium 300A with plat tri-coat , vista roof and tech pkg $ 38,653.96 net ( plus 6 items mentioned above)... quiet , roomy and plenty of power from the 2.0 ... the features and options are endless ..

Perk

Perk: Sounds like you did great on the vehicle. However, I think that you got "had" on the warranty.... Take a look around at threads on the Genuine Ford Warranty (not after-market crap). Depending on the years to get the 100K and your deductible, the cost should be in the $1000 range, not $2000. You should still be able to cancel your warranty and reorder through an on-line source... saving about $1K. Here is one link: check .lombardfordwarrantys .

Edited by ScooterS

You were right of coarse and I thank you both so much ... this is the type of information that makes this forum so valuable ... I am going in tomorrow to cancel the warranty policy we signed up for in the heat of battle and will look for a Ford Corp program as I have checked out at your suggestion and looks to be at least $500 less ...

Gratefully yours

Perk

Boy am I getting a valuable education ... dealer had no problem cancelling the third party extended warranty and signing us up for a Ford corp. 100K/6year/$100 deduct warranty for $1,715 which I am haappy with ...

I really owe you guys ... If we were closer I'd buy you a micro ..

Cheers

Perk

• 2 weeks later...

Uhhhh Perk..... I just checked one of the on-line sites with the Genuine Ford Warranty. Looks like the same (Premium Care) one that you just re-bought runs $1010, assuming 2WD.

Also, which warranty did you get (Preminum Care/ Extra Care?), Make sure you know which one you have. Coverage is very different. Ya might still want to turn that one back in.

No, the dealer's service department doesn't care if you bought it from them or not. Selling warranties is part of sales. Fixin' cars is part of service.

Try flood ford esp to compare.

I don't think the dealer is doing you any favors.

Just sayin....