Satellite Radio

Trying to activate sirius on my 2012. Have sent refresh signal 4 different times...called into sirius support and had them refresh and other troubleshooting, but no luck.

I can pick up channel 184, but nothing else works if I go off that channel.

I know sat radio works because it was activated with a trail subscription that expired on 06/20. Decided to go ahead and sign up for it and subscribed several days ago. But can not seem to activate the radio now.

Customer support says they have tried everything they can and says I need to take it back to the dealer to get a "hard reset" or something like that on the radio.

Is that something I can do? Same as disconnecting the battery?

Thanks...

Edited by Smitty

See this thread:

http://www.fordedgeforum.com/topic/6012-sirius-radio/

Disconnecting the battery will not work. Sometimes it requires a BUNCH of tries to make it work. Does take at least 15 minutes each time of waiting and car power being on to the radio, so leave key in ON (though engine does not need to be running). Remember NOT to be moving the vehicle during these reactivations. Satellite is notorious for not being able to get that initial LOCK, you see the same thing with GPS.

The basic SiriusXM activation page:

http://www.siriusxm.com/activationhelp

I had problems at first, finally pulled the car out into the street and was able to make the link work. Needs a perfectly clear path to the satellite. (Had problems when in the garage and when under a large tree. Great reception in garage after initial linkup.)

Edited by enigma-2

See this thread:

http://www.fordedgeforum.com/topic/6012-sirius-radio/

Disconnecting the battery will not work. Sometimes it requires a BUNCH of tries to make it work. Does take at least 15 minutes each time of waiting and car power being on to the radio, so leave key in ON (though engine does not need to be running). Remember NOT to be moving the vehicle during these reactivations. Satellite is notorious for not being able to get that initial LOCK, you see the same thing with GPS.

The basic SiriusXM activation page:

http://www.siriusxm.com/activationhelp

I was driving the first time I tried to do the refresh...was sitting in the driveway the 2nd-4th time. I cancelled the subscription, no need to pay for something until I have time to work on/fix. Will reactivate the subscription and play with some more. Have some warranty items I need to have looked at, so will have the dealer look at if not figured out by then.

I kicked it around and finally decided to subscribe. Really enjoy picking up news channels such as CNN, FOX, etc. One of my favorite channels is Willie's Roadhouse (old country hits), pop hits from the 50's & 60's, few others. Comedy channels when I'm bored.

My main channel is "Hair Nation", 2nd is Ozzie's Boneyard, followed up by Classic Vinyl and Classic Rewind

Guess my subscription is out. I like Willie's Roadhouse also. I'm on small back roads going to work and there are trees blocking reception. I'll miss the programing but not the drop out reception. Back to my IPod.

Strange. My Sirius only drops in the garage (spotty, still locks in), and under underpasses. Have no problems with trees.