Your 2016 Edge order?

Chipster

My 2016 order is:

Edge Sport (2.7 AWD), Electric Spice, Pano Roof, Black Alloys, 401A package :-D

Congrats on your order...Did they give you a price? MIne is similarly equipped and it came in at 46,600 - XPlan. Now with that said, the price could end up a little different once it is delivered. The dealership said that often times the numbers presented in the order guide at time of order can vary slightly once delivered. He said usually better for the customer, but he said we will have to see...

Seems that you have quite a bit better quote than some others. Did you order under a specific program? How much negotiation was involved. Have always bought from lot in the past.

Hey Harvey,

I am in the MPLS area also. Who did you order from? Did you get a price?

Edited by jwm22222

I ordered a 2.0 AWD Titanium with 301A and trailer tow.

Just wondering, once you order, when is the latest you can change your selections such as paint color?

I ended up getting it for $38,500 inc. doc fee not including TTL. I will be eligible for whatever incentives are available at the time of delivery. No plan pricing, just straight forward negotiating and telling them exactly what I wanted up front and remaining calm. I got a great deal and it only took me 45 minutes and I was out the door. I'm so pumped.

Edited by cab2g

Hi guys, new here but I plan on ordering an edge in the near future. Where are people from that they are able to array order one. Here in northeast Ohio, there is no one taking orders as far as I know. Perhaps they are taking orders that people are putting in and then just sitting on them until they can send them to where ever the next step.

Also, I'm glad I've stumbled upon this forum. It is very insightful.

Hi guys, new here but I plan on ordering an edge in the near future. Where are people from that they are able to array order one. Here in northeast Ohio, there is no one taking orders as far as I know. Perhaps they are taking orders that people are putting in and then just sitting on them until they can send them to where ever the next step.

Also, I'm glad I've stumbled upon this forum. It is very insightful.

I am 100% sure that they are taking orders. Try going to another dealer and when they say "we're still taking orders for 15s" tell them that you are willing to put down a deposit today if they'll place an order for a 2016. Then before leaving get a print out that shows the dealer order # with your selected trim and options. Nobody is sitting on orders. They have already begun scheduling. But from what I hear dealer stock orders get scheduled first initially.

I am 100% sure that they are taking orders. Try going to another dealer and when they say "we're still taking orders for 15s" tell them that you are willing to put down a deposit today if they'll place an order for a 2016. Then before leaving get a print out that shows the dealer order # with your selected trim and options. Nobody is sitting on orders. They have already begun scheduling. But from what I hear dealer stock orders get scheduled first initially.

Thanks for the advice cab! I'll definitely look into this

What does this all mean? Is priority 80 a good thing or a bad thing? What is the best priority to be in for receiving your vehicle the quickest?

thanks,

Every order has a priority. When the dealer gets allocation from Ford for a particular vehicle, the orders for that vehicle are pulled and built in order of priority - lowest to highest.

Retail (sold) orders are supposed to have priorities from 10-19 and dealer stock is 20-99. This ensures customer orders are built before stock orders.

Within each range the dealer can use the priority to determine the build order. If multiple orders have the same priority they're built in order of the date received. But if the dealer wanted to get one order built faster even though it was placed days or weeks later they can just give that one order a lower priority than the others.

The other consideration is for a new vehicle launch (and I think even for a model year change) they only build dealer stock orders until all the bugs are worked out on the assembly line (5 straight days of error free builds), then they start building the retail (sold) orders. The reason is those first builds may end up being held for inspections and repairs whereas anything built after the Ok to buy date (after 5 days of no errors) is shipped immediately from the line. In some cases those early build cars could be held for weeks or months so it's better to wait.

Some dealers will give a retail order a stock priority (20+) so that it gets built before OK to buy but that's gambling that it won't get held long at the factory and could backfire.

• Like 3