Your 2016 Edge order?

Chipster

It's really silly that your salesperson isn't doing this for you since you're paying them. :)

I know. I gave up after my last attempt a week ago asking if I had a VIN yet. He said he was checking every day and there was no status update. So now I know he is never checking because it only gets updated once a week on Thursday until it goes into production. If I know when the orders are updated, he does too.

My build is also scheduled for the week of January 11. My order was placed on November 9. I signed the deal on November 7. I was a bit upset that they took so long to place the order, but it sounds like it got scheduled pretty early so I am not too upset. My order priority was 12.

Well I have a build date of January 11 as well! Let the countdown begin.

• Like 1

Hi All - I had been planning on ordering a new Edge as soon as the dealers would take orders, but held off when I started reading about Job 1. When would be a good time to place my order with the dealer be, so I get the build run that is not part of job 1?

Thanks can't wait to place my order and get the assembly line rolling!

I'm not sure how Ford's ordering works. My order was placed, as confirmed by my paperwork,on 21 October 2015 with a priority of 10. I still don't have a VIN or build timing set yet. There must be more to all of it than the date you order and the priority.

Your order date and priority only matter within your dealer's allotment. Unless your dealer is simply too lazy to look it up, they either don't have allocation available or there are too many priority 10s with earlier order dates ahead of you from the same dealer. The other possibility is a parts hold.

I'm not sure how Ford's ordering works. My order was placed, as confirmed by my paperwork,on 21 October 2015 with a priority of 10. I still don't have a VIN or build timing set yet. There must be more to all of it than the date you order and the priority.

My dealer cant keep edges in stock, they probably have a larger allocation due to the fact they sell so many.

Your order date and priority only matter within your dealer's allotment. Unless your dealer is simply too lazy to look it up, they either don't have allocation available or there are too many priority 10s with earlier order dates ahead of you from the same dealer. The other possibility is a parts hold.

My dealer looked it up and Tricia from Ford Service looked it up; the the information is correct. They probably don't have too many priority 10's, but maybe they don't get a big allotment and that is the problem. My dealership mainly sells trucks and SUV's so I would think they get some sort of allotment, but not sure how much. All I know is that I placed my order on the 21Oct2015, priority set at 10, and I wrote a check for money down to hold the order. I guess all I can do is play the waiting game. Does feel a bit disheartening to know that I placed my order earlier than some others and will wait longer. Such is life, right!!!

davidcedar,

My order is for a 2016 as stated in my signature...

@Melltimejr, what trim is your Edge? Ask the dealer when the order was submitted, if more than a week after you signed papers I'd ask for free extended warranty.

I'm getting a 2.0L titanium. I placed the order on 10/16 and the Vehicle Order Confirmation is dated 10/26. We'll see what they have to say. I'm being impatient, I know, but having purposefully gone in when I did to place the order as soon as possible, I hope it's not too unreasonable to expect a build date earlier than 2/1. Priority 10 if that makes a difference...

Edited by Melltimejr
  • Like 1

My dealer looked it up and Tricia from Ford Service looked it up; the the information is correct. They probably don't have too many priority 10's, but maybe they don't get a big allotment and that is the problem. My dealership mainly sells trucks and SUV's so I would think they get some sort of allotment, but not sure how much. All I know is that I placed my order on the 21Oct2015, priority set at 10, and I wrote a check for money down to hold the order. I guess all I can do is play the waiting game. Does feel a bit disheartening to know that I placed my order earlier than some others and will wait longer. Such is life, right!!!

davidcedar,

My order is for a 2016 as stated in my signature...

Like I said it could be a parts hold. It's also possible the others were ordered as dealer stock (priority 20+) - those get built first anyway.

I wish Ford would treat retail (sold) orders differently and not make it part of the dealer's allocation. They've done that before on individual models.