Anyone annoyed by loud turn signals

don't use them...or maybe turn the radio up...

I rarely use them so I really couldn't tell you how loud they are. If I do use them, it's only for a couple of clicks. If you really need to know what I'm about to do, I will let you know, but most times, you don't need to know...plus, what's the point of sitting in a turn lane with a turn signal on...as if you need a reminder you're supposed to go that way???

That's funny, as much as I speed(never in traffic) and do other things in various hot rods and bikes and what not, it drives me NUTS when someone doesn't signal, its the laziest fucking thing I've ever seen. If someone is within spitting distance in front of me and doesn't signal, its a good 10-15 seconds of horn for them, even if it's their driveway-hell I may stop in front of their house for a good minute of horn if I'm in the mood. If there's nobody around then of course its pointless to signal. But that's a real good way to kill a motorcyclist or cause an accident 5 cars behind your dumb ass. I've owned 36 cars, driven well over 20,000, been past 170mph many a time on 2 wheels and 160 on 4 and in 500,000 miles have never, ever, scratched a car off of a track. If somebody's around, use your signal. The biggest crackup is some asshole in an old Volvo who's creeping 10 under the limit clogging traffic, and at the last second turns without signaling.

In a hard light median left turn lane or something, sure, signal in and turn it off at the light until a couple seconds before it goes green. Obviously if its a green/yield you leave it on.

Edited by kevinb120

I'm with Kevin (although not the horn thing, that's rude too!). I live half and half in USA and UK and have to say the Brits are much better at signalling turns in good time - not just for following motorists but for those waiting to pull out and cyclists and pedestrians. Seems to be an attitude among some in US that using your turn signal is for girls only.

Sure you don't need to leave your turn signal going while you wait in a left turn lane - but if a following motorist sees your brake light before you switch on your turn signal you have failed. I really hate that.

Now for something we can agree on! I wish the Edge was sold in UK - it's a much better package than the BMW X3 I have there.

Cheers, Andy

Geeez, lighten up. The profane name calling is not necessary. And if that's all it takes to piss you off, you've got issues. If someone is in "spitting distance in front of you," your TOO CLOSE and probably why they didn't signal.

For the record, I am courteous enough to let anyone behind me know if I'm about to turn. I apoplogize if my comment gave you the wrong impression. Don't take things so literal. You're assuming way too much. My commute to work is less than 20 minutes; 3 right turns from the house within 2 miles and it's a straight shot to work, so yeah, I rarely have to use a signal.

I guess we're not all as fortunate as you to have owned/driven so many cars however powerful they are and with all the miles behind you. I feel so inferior with my lowly 6 cars owned in the last 18 years with 400,000+ miles.

I hate when people do not signal - it drives me bonkers. However, there are times I dont use it too - I am not perfect. Buy I try to use it all the time - especially in heavy traffic.

I also hate excessive use of the horn. My father abuses it and it is annoying. Most people that the horn is aimed at people dont hear or ignore the horn anyway. However, it annoys everyone else. I just get up and get around them.

I dont mind the loudness of the turn signals - it could be MUCH worse - I have had some cars that it was just intrusive to use the signal.

Solas

• 1 year later...
don't use them...or maybe turn the radio up...

I rarely use them so I really couldn't tell you how loud they are. If I do use them, it's only for a couple of clicks. If you really need to know what I'm about to do, I will let you know, but most times, you don't need to know...plus, what's the point of sitting in a turn lane with a turn signal on...as if you need a reminder you're supposed to go that way???

I loathe people who do not signal their intentions. If I can get next to them, I will ask them if their turn signal is broken. Many lives can be saved by signaling, and saying I don't use it because it's loud is incompetent and just plain reckless.

That's funny, as much as I speed(never in traffic) and do other things in various hot rods and bikes and what not, it drives me NUTS when someone doesn't signal, its the laziest fucking thing I've ever seen. If someone is within spitting distance in front of me and doesn't signal, its a good 10-15 seconds of horn for them, even if it's their driveway-hell I may stop in front of their house for a good minute of horn if I'm in the mood. If there's nobody around then of course its pointless to signal. But that's a real good way to kill a motorcyclist or cause an accident 5 cars behind your dumb ass. I've owned 36 cars, driven well over 20,000, been past 170mph many a time on 2 wheels and 160 on 4 and in 500,000 miles have never, ever, scratched a car off of a track. If somebody's around, use your signal. The biggest crackup is some asshole in an old Volvo who's creeping 10 under the limit clogging traffic, and at the last second turns without signaling.

In a hard light median left turn lane or something, sure, signal in and turn it off at the light until a couple seconds before it goes green. Obviously if its a green/yield you leave it on.

LMFAO ! @ The volvo comment ! :lol::lol::lol: