More heat problems

87notch

I searched and read all the posts about heating troubles with the edge. I have an 08 sel without dual climate. The heat is very hot on the passenger side but cold on the driver side. I pulled the panel off under the column and watched the blend door as I turned the temp from cold to hot and back and the blend door actuator is moving the full range of motion. I pulled the actuator off and moved the blend door by hand and nothing changed on the drivers side. I don't mind changing the blend door on either side just would like to hear any ideas of what it might be.

• Like 1

On a non-dual system, the blend door should affect both sides equally. As you state it's working properly, there is only one other thing that I can think of as the cause: the heater core is blocked on the drivers side. (Allows full airflow through the core, but no heat to pick up).

As a test, consider operating the air conditioner and test whether both sides are equally cold. If they are, it's the heater core. If not, it can only be the fuggey babble. (OK, there is no such thing, I'm out of ideas).

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Bought a new heater core and was in the middle of tearing the whole car down to get it off. I pulled the hoses off the heater core and put a new piece of hose on one side and blew through it and felt like there were no restrictions. Put the water hose to it and it ran out as fast as I put it in. Changed thermostat and started the car and felt under the dash on the inlet/outlet of the heater core and both were ice cold. Eventually it he thermostat opened and just the bottom tube got hot. No heat coming out of any of the vents. Any ideas before it ends up at the scrap yard?

There may be a short in the climate control feedback circuits, or you may need to replace the EMTC altogether if airflow is correct but for temperature.

Electronic Automatic Temperature Control (EATC) Module and Electronic Manual Temperature Control (EMTC) Module Cold Boot Process

The purpose of the cold boot process is to allow the EATC or EMTC module to reinitialize. To carry out the cold boot process, follow the steps below.

1. NOTE: EATC only.

Clear the DTCs.
  1. Turn the ignition switch to the OFF position.
  1. Disconnect the EATC or EMTC module electrical connectors.
  1. Inspect module connectors for:
    • corrosion.
    • pushed-out connectors.
    • incorrectly seated connector.
  1. Wait one minute.
  1. Connect the EATC or EMTC module electrical connectors.
  1. Turn the ignition switch to the ON position.
  1. Select any position except OFF on the EATC or EMTC module.

The EATC or EMTC module will now initialize.

Climate Control Module — Edge

Item Part Number Description

1 W505945 Climate control module screw (4 required)

2 19980 Climate control module

3 78042K50 Climate control module spacer (2 required)

Removal and Installation

1. Remove the center instrument panel finish panel. For additional information, refer to Section 501-12 .
  1. Remove the 4 climate control module screws.
  1. Remove the climate control module.
  1. NOTE: Be sure the climate control module spacers are correctly positioned before installing the climate control module.

To install, reverse the removal procedure.
Edited by WWWPerfA_ZN0W