Placed an order for 2016 Sport

Manny2525

Hey guys,

Couple of days ago, I placed an order for the 2016 Sport AWD. I got it in black, with the 21 inch rims, 401A package, panoramic roof, and cold weather package. Now the gruesome wait begins lol.

I had a question for Sport owners out there: Have you seen performance difference between regular gas (in NY reg is 87) and premium gas? I have read on this forum before that for the best horsepower and torque numbers, it is better to use premium gas for Ecoboost engines.

• 2 weeks later...

Can't speak to the Edge specifically, but in other EB applications, premium gas nets a bit more power, a bit more mpg. But the main benefit is the additional knock resistance, which is very important to boosted engines. Fuel quality can be "controlled" by using top tier and high turnover gas stations. The other thing these engines appreciate is a slightly rich fuel mixture (provides additional cooling). Which is why lower temp TStats are popular mods. They allow the engine to run cooler while still running a lean a/f mix, thus helping the fuel economy improve.

http://www.turbokart.com/turbochargedengines.htm

Edited by WWWPerfA_ZN0W
  • Like 1

To be totally honest.....I can not tell the difference between the 87 and 91....in both performance or economy. Ive owned 2 2015 edge sports now since the beginning of may 2015....so Ive had a chance to drive a whole month on 87 and an entire month on 91....and we now just use 87, because we really did not notice any difference.

• Like 1

To be totally honest.....I can not tell the difference between the 87 and 91....in both performance or economy. Ive owned 2 2015 edge sports now since the beginning of may 2015....so Ive had a chance to drive a whole month on 87 and an entire month on 91....and we now just use 87, because we really did not notice any difference.

Thanks for the input. I was deciding be the Edge Sport or the new RX 350 F Sport. I already owned two Edges, one of them a 2011 Sport, so thought I would give Lexus a shot. The RX looks amazing, especially with the red leather, but the Edge blew it out of the water in terms of handling and power (I test drove them back-to-back). Still sticking with an Edge Sport :)

Edited by Manny2525
  • Like 1

Same here, except for owning 2 Edges :)

Thanks for the input. I was deciding be the Edge Sport or the new RX 350 F Sport. I already owned two Edges, one of them a 2011 Sport, so thought I would give Lexus a shot. The RX looks amazing, especially with the red leather, but the Edge blew it out of the water in terms of handling and power (I test drove them back-to-back). Still sticking with an Edge Sport :)

Funny you mention the new RX 350 Fsport(they are a great looking suv)......I had one last week try to race me light to light. After the first block I realized what he was doing, so the next light we stopped at I thought I would give him a run....at the time I did not know how fast the new fsport was.....need less to say the next light to light race I played with him til we hit 60km/h(by then I could tell he was trying to race me) then I punched it and the edge walked away from the 350 like it was standing still.......all I can say I never get use to how much fun the edge sport is to drive.

• Like 1

Funny you mention the new RX 350 Fsport(they are a great looking suv)......I had one last week try to race me light to light. After the first block I realized what he was doing, so the next light we stopped at I thought I would give him a run....at the time I did not know how fast the new fsport was.....need less to say the next light to light race I played with him til we hit 60km/h(by then I could tell he was trying to race me) then I punched it and the edge walked away from the 350 like it was standing still.......all I can say I never get use to how much fun the edge sport is to drive.

Its exactly why I chose the Edge Sport over the new 350 F Sport. As nice as the 350 looks, the F Sport has the same exact engine as its regular model. The F Sport is just an appearance package with Sport and Sport+ drive modes. Look great, but drives real heavy. The new Edge Sport is just insane and feels really light.

Edited by Manny2525

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys,

Couple of days ago, I placed an order for the 2016 Sport AWD. I got it in black, with the 21 inch rims, 401A package, panoramic roof, and cold weather package. Now the gruesome wait begins lol.

I had a question for Sport owners out there: Have you seen performance difference between regular gas (in NY reg is 87) and premium gas? I have read on this forum before that for the best horsepower and torque numbers, it is better to use premium gas for Ecoboost engines.

I just use standard 87 and to be perfectly honest, it's got plenty power with that. If there is any minuscule difference in power with 91 I don't think it's worth another 10c a litre or whatever. Thats the nice thing with the sport compared to all the competition imports which require premium.

Why not compromise and use mid-grade if you are worried about engine knock but don't notice or feel a power difference?

I tend to keep my cars a long time (trading in a 2005 MDX for this one) and so I don't think I'll use regular as I want a healthy(er?) engine for a long time.

The Sport 0-6 numbers are a main reason I'm going this route. The only thing that REALLY irritates me is being stuck with black interior. I like the off color interiors like the Cognac...