Think my Edge is electronically possessed... lol

heatherhb21

I have a 11' Limited Edge, owned it for a year in January and well I've had alot of issues... You put it in park and turned it off and it wouldn't turn off because the left display said "shift to park" got that fixed and now it's basically possessed. The cd eject touch button, a/c - don't work at all and, climate on, drivers temp down - don't work half the time. The car will not start if it is cold out left display says "no key detected" yet the key opens the doors and I have to use them to remote start the car otherwise I'd be stuck, it will turn the fm radio on when im listening to sirius and never touched it, just drive down the road and it will change itself and big one my brake assist warning goes off when there is noone infront of me and noone beside me. A vehicle can be over 2 18 wheelers ahead of me and it will go off when I'm not even giving it gas. And, a small thing my drivers windshield wiper never works and the dealership has apparently replaced it 3 times already but if it rains I'm basically blind because it's like a pattern on my window. Im no mechanic but everything except the wiper has to be connected computer/electronically and, no clue why it's all going haywire.. any ideas?

I just dropped it off at the dealership so we will see what they say but just wondered if anyone had like issues.

Keep in mind that a non remote start 2011 Edge uses a different series battery than the remote start 2011 Edge. I have one of each and each one requires a different series battery. I can not remember right now but one was possibly a 55 while the other with remote was a 65 series. Something like that.

• Like 1

I have had a similar problem over the last few months. Ford told me it was a shiftier relay. But was told to hold off as it might cure it self, as it is rather expensive to fix, around $600.00 Canadian. So I left it and have had no problem since. Having said that the windows operating system in your car can be a problem as it does what it wants at times. Sometimes my rear hatch will only open part way or it tells me I don`t have a key to start the car even if I am sitting in car with key in hand. Fords option is to reboot the computer at about $125.00 per shot. I found if you just leave it, it will go back to normal for a while.

Edited by dragster13