Revolutions per minute

Adam Harush

Hey

I have a Ford Edge 2012 3.5 6 cyl

Lately, I have problems with rpm

While stopped at a traffic light, the vehicle starts to stutter, and little vibration, I wanted to know if it is because the throttle, or oxygen sensors,

(Sometimes pungent smell outside the driver's side car)

Vehicle traveled 110 thousand kilometers

I'd love to answer thank you very much friends

O2 sensors would throw a code. Your cat could be damaged due to a rich fuel mixture. I however would suspect the Throttle body. You may wish to clean it out good with some Throttle body cleaner. Low cost item to check and clean and easy to do. Worst case the TB is not working correctly.

Two weeks ago ignited lamp engine, and the computer said code P2196 P2198, and once went P0196 P0198, I realized that oxygen sensors or sensor temperature of the oil, currently not turned on after resetting, but there are still tremors and fall prm while standing at a traffic light, what do you think, is clear Throttle ? Is every 100 thousand kilometers replace oxygen sensors? Thank you, I'd love to answer the problem

There's no set time interval for O2 sensors, but 100,000 MILES in the U.S. is a reasonable interval for O2 sensors if you wanted to do preventative maintenance. In the Middle East, not sure what the appropriate interval would be, due to different environmental conditions (heat, sand, etc). So check for frayed wiring, dirt intrusion into electrical connectors for O2 sensors and oil temp sensor.

I'd have the evaporative emission purge valve checked for leaks. Similar to what this TSB for the Escape/Fusion says to do:

http://www.revbase.com/BBBMotor/TSb/DownloadPdf?id=173431

Keep in mind that if your Edge is on the original battery, it might be time for a heavy-duty replacement. Assuming the same battery sizing in the Middle East, consider upgrading to a Group 65 battery. Worn batteries can set all kind of false alarms, and cause sensors to react inappropriately (voltage regulation). An alternator/generator check should be performed at the same time. If the battery is being replaced, have the Battery Monitoring System reset so the PCM recognizes and charges the battery properly.

• 2 weeks later...

The oxygen sensor essentially helps the PCM figure out how much unburnt fuel there is in the exhaust, and the PCM then adjusts the air-fuel ratio accordingly. This is a continuous process as you drive, not a set-and-forget. That's how the vehicle can achieve the greatest fuel efficiency. Except at WOT, where a relatively fuel-rich mixture is run for maximum available power while preventing engine detonation/failure. Each time you fill up gas, the engine will evaluate fuel trims (air fuel ratios), and can take a few miles of driving to settle into a steady long-term situation (the "new normal"). This is a more pronounced effect in the 2011+ because the PCM adjusts engine performance based on the fuel quality. 2007-10 PCMs do not.

Are you are getting fuel from the same station, maybe the fuel is not very good - change stations and see what happens next time. Check & clean the throttle body again, see if the light goes out again. If so, there could be a PCV related issue. Make sure you are running the correct engine oil, and clean or replace the PCV valve. Did you have the exhaust system checked for leaks? Can be very small and hard to find.

You can get an OBDII adapter that you can monitor on a mobile device like a smartphone or tablet or even a Windows PC. Software like Torque Pro (Android devices only) or Forscan (Apple & Android devices, Windows PC) can read codes from the computer. In the U.S., auto parts stores will read the codes for free, but I don't know what the setup is in Israel.

Hello friends

I am waiting to receive the OBDII adapter

After I turn on the lamp of the oxygen sensor,

Refuel my car fixed station

And the lamp going out ?!

Is there a connection refueling going out lamp?

Can I clean the throttle, without dismantling the whole, clear through the window? And if a material cleaning?

While the bulb was lit, smelled acrid exhaust, and rpm was playing, now there is no smell at all and rpm is not a game! What does all this mean?