Rear hatch spare tire cover

Pardo714

I have found the back cover section of the edge very cheaply made, it just sits there and does not lock in weary well. I had a grand Cherokee and it was a much better design, locked in place and had plastic bins. The ford design is terrible and whom ever designed it should go back to Lego Land. Mine was not even and I had to trim one of the foam bins to make the cover sit flush. Did anyone else have the same problem and how did you fix it?

Did any get a cargo cover? I see the spots where it would fit but my edge did not come with one. I search the accessories and don't see one for sale.

yeah, just kind of sits there. I put the little tabs in the very rear down over the cover to pin it down a little and seems to help.

if you want the OEM option roller cover, the part number is:

Cover: FT4Z-5845440-AA

seems like something it should come with, but I guess whatever they can charge extra for...

I bought one and it works well, fits well.

Edited by redlancer

Where are the clips (near front, back or both)? I am pretty sure my 2016 doesn't have clips. Will confirm tonight.

You can see in the pic below. I think by design the green/orange plastic fittings should stay inside the foam piece. The orange stayed fine. So I had to put the green pieces back in the foam first to clip them back down.

LrJwAvi.jpg

• Like 2

You can see in the pic below. I think by design the green/orange plastic fittings should stay inside the foam piece. The orange stayed fine. So I had to put the green pieces back in the foam first to clip them back down.

LrJwAvi.jpg

Confirmed it's the same on my Edge. One clip at the back had popped off the post and the foam clip was riding on top of the metal post. I repositioned the foam, jammed the clip onto the metal post and now the spare tire cover fits much better. Thanks for the help!

Confirmed it's the same on my Edge. One clip at the back had popped off the post and the foam clip was riding on top of the metal post. I repositioned the foam, jammed the clip onto the metal post and now the spare tire cover fits much better. Thanks for the help!

I'm not a big fan of how they secure it. I know we won't be taking this on/off very often....if at all.....but it is kind of a cheap solution to clip them down

On another note, what are people storing in these storage things under the spare tire cover?

I keep a few tie downs, some detailing spray, and a clean microfiber cloth.

Ha! I have a small tool/emergency kit in mine that I had in my Xterra in mine too as well as what you have above. I like the storage.

I have found the back cover section of the edge very cheaply made, it just sits there and does not lock in weary well. I had a grand Cherokee and it was a much better design, locked in place and had plastic bins. The ford design is terrible and whom ever designed it should go back to Lego Land. Mine was not even and I had to trim one of the foam bins to make the cover sit flush. Did anyone else have the same problem and how did you fix it?

Did any get a cargo cover? I see the spots where it would fit but my edge did not come with one. I search the accessories and don't see one for sale.

mine has plastic bins and there are quite secure. they sit on guide pins and actually one houses my amplifier. i have seen some have foam..i dont understand why the plastic wouldnt be standard equipment? maybe look at getting some plastic ones? they stay in place and then lift out very easily. and when my deck cover is down they dont move at all

On another note, what are people storing in these storage things under the spare tire cover?

I keep a few tie downs, some detailing spray, and a clean microfiber cloth.one side holds my amp for audio system(after a little modification) and the other side holds some tools and cargo net

not exactly sure how this got mixed with yours?? lol...i dont have tie downs but do have detailing spray and a couple micro fiber clothes

Edited by fit1446

I keep a few tie downs, some detailing spray, and a clean microfiber cloth.

Genius lithium battery booster, Schrade telescoping folding shovel, first aid kit, winter toque and gloves, mechanics gloves, duct tape, parachute rope, Gorilla telescoping wrench, bags, rags, reflective heat blanket and a fleece blanket. Edited by SweetCandyEdge