Where is the cargo security shade?

I can't find on Ford's own website a security shade specifically for the 2015 Edge

Has anyone used any after market ones that don't require drilling in my P&J?

Or does anyone have any experience with the 2014 security shade and know if that fits the 2015 model?

Done extensive searching but not found anything.

Thanks

Check post #291

http://www.fordedgeforum.com/topic/17267-2015-edge-shipping

I have one on order with the dealer, hopefully will be the right one

Unless I'm misunderstanding, you're referencing the cargo mat. He's talking about the cargo shade. My fiancee's Escape has one. It rolls up to the back of the rear seats and pulls out to basically prevent people from seeing what is in the cargo area. I've never seen one for the 2015 but it looks like it could take one and I'd be interested in one too if it existed.

Unless I'm misunderstanding, you're referencing the cargo mat. He's talking about the cargo shade. My fiancee's Escape has one. It rolls up to the back of the rear seats and pulls out to basically prevent people from seeing what is in the cargo area. I've never seen one for the 2015 but it looks like it could take one and I'd be interested in one too if it existed.

Nope, that post talks about both. Picture and part number a couple posts below that.

FT4Z-5845440-AA ?

I work at a dealership and we showed a few of these in stock, so I took some pics. I was curious about a cargo shade as well. Not sure if they'll help; my Edge is a bit far away to test if this fits but I should be able to within the next few days.

post-36952-0-39854200-1439400488_thumb.jpg

post-36952-0-04577400-1439400513_thumb.jpg

Edit:

OK so I see what happened now. In the parts catalog, if you go to 2015 Edge it's listed under both truck and car. The truck only applies to 2014 and below though, and 2015, you actually have to use car (I assume due to it now being on the Fusion chassis). The part number listed is correct for '15 Edges. I'm going to take one home this evening and see if I like it. Even at cost it's a tad pricey.

Edited by Reloaded
  • Like 2

Ordered mine from Tousley Ford in MN. They said it was backordered, but I had it a week later. Its quite a bit different than the wife's Escape, but works well. There are two small squares on either side of the cargo area that it snaps into (its spring loaded). Some vinyl flaps then snap onto the posts of the rear headrests. Finally, rather than pulling straight back then clipping down like the Escape, you pull it out and run it into some grooves where you have to pull it up to click in. Easy install, covers the cargo area well, and I'm glad I got it.

• 2 weeks later...