2009 Limited or 2010 Limited

simplicity39

Newbie here!

I fell in love with the Edge when it was first released and determined that it will be my second car purchase! This weekend I plan making my first car purchase in 11 years and after weeks of looking and comparing, I've narrowed my choice down to these two:

Option 1: http://www.maxmadsenmitsubishidownersgrove.com/details/2010-Ford-Edge-DownersGrove-IL/6972557?cid=5

Or,

Option 2: http://www.foxvalleyford.com/details/2009-Ford-Edge-NorthAurora-IL/8726291?cid=5

I'm not sure which one to choose due to all the issues I'm reading on here and I'm now scared and hesitant about anything. I've owned my VUE for 11 years and she hasn't given me any major issues, but I'm just sitting here reading and I don't any of these scary issues!

Is the 2010 model better between the 2 or should I go with the 2009?

I may be recalling wrong but my past research leads me to believe that the 2010 model is more reliable and has fewer, if any major issues. We bought ours 2010 Limited used about 4 years ago with less than 20,000 miles. It's now at around 60,000 and has been running very well (knock on wood.) I always recommend the extended warranty. I went from a 1999 Ford Explorer Limited and that was a huge upgrade and I'm very happy with the ride.

09 and 10 model years are both relatively trouble free (taken in context). I have an 09 MKX and love it. Given the choices between the two you are giving, I would go with the 2010. It has small upgrades over the 09 and (more importantly), has navigation. No big deal if you don't use it, but a big deal if you decide you wish you had it better.

I'm all for haggling over price, I got them to come down a grand (about what I wxpected), and a "slight" improvement on an extended warranty.

Haggle, but see if you can get them to throw in an extended warranty.

Edited by enigma-2

09 and 10 model years are both relatively trouble free (taken in context). I have an 09 MKX and love it. Given the choices between the two you are giving, I would go with the 2010. It has small upgrades over the 09 and (more importantly), has navigation. No big deal if you don't use it, but a big deal if you decide you wish you had it better.

I'm all for haggling over price, I got them to come down a grand (about what I wxpected), and a "slight" improvement on an extended warranty.

Haggle, but see if you can get them to throw in an extended warranty.

Thank you! But it isnt a Ford dealership. It's a Mitsubishi dealer. Will they be able to give me one?

Check online for warranty possibilities. Lombard Ford seems to say you can still get them. Now as to payoff vs squirreling away the money, I can't say. But since it IS used, my personal preference is to have warranty, at least for 1 year, to discover any issues that might be hiding.

http://www.lombardfordwarrantys.com/

post-23566-0-56371300-1454641820_thumb.jpg

Now is your chance to take an additional $185 off our regular discounted price.
This offer is only valid through February 11.

To take advantage of this offer, save this promotional code: 77566

You can check with Flood Ford, Anderson Koch etc to see who gives you the best deal on warranty coverage.

Edited by WWWPerfA_ZN0W

• 2 weeks later...