Official 1/4 mile run - 2015 Sport - LMS Tune | K&N Filter

GT500R

Hey guys, have been more on the Facebook group lately after the fordedgeforum redesign (I wasn't sure where to post so I just stopped....)

Anyway.... decided to take my car to the track.

2015 Edge Sport (CAR 8909)

10,xxx miles

LMS 93 Octane Tune

K&N Filter

Stock Wheels (no more winter set up)

bwjgn4W.png

What is super interesting is comparing this to Corey's run -

w1tOApL.png

Legit almost a dead even race the whole way...

• Like 4

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Went to the Livernois Customer Track day last night and did some testing. The air was horible so my times are pretty far off of my best. But I did do some same day testing/comparison of the 93 tune, 87 tune, and stock. I made 4 back-to-back hot lap passes with each level of tune with a 15min cool down in-between the different tunes. I pulled the best time slip from each round and posted it below.

The big difference I noticed between the 93 tune and the 87 was the out of the hole experience. More boost helped with the 60ft and 330 ft and is truly what netted the gain in ET compared to the 87 tune. The car screams in 1st and 2nd but lays over in 3rd. I let Livernois know my thoughts and they plan on spending some more time on the tune to try and resolve this issue with power. One thing that Livernois did say is that the IATs are pretty hot by the time you get into 3rd gear and the intercooler on these cars are pretty weak.

The stock tune...well...is a fricken waste of time. After the 1st pass stock I want to just give up and go back to my 93 tune, but wanted to ensure I had solid results. Where the car falls down on the stock tune is...well...everywhere :( You can't break tq and get a good launch and the shifts are so lazy you might as well get out and push the car.

I made a total of 16 passes and the car ran 97mph with the 93 tune every time, 96-97mph with the 87 tune every time, and 94mph with the stock tune every time. ETs were within .02 of each other as well at every tune level.

post-37587-0-24643300-1466778647_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

One interesting data point...I raced a '15 Explorer Sport that had Just a tune and the cars ran nearly identical times. He beat me every time by .01 seconds, however, I chopped him down on the tree and took the win. The guy was so bad on the tree that the final race, not shown in the time slip pics, I gave him the leave so I could see how even the cars really were. The Edge jumped out by 1/2 a car in first, cars were evening out in 2nd, in 3rd the Explorer gained and nosed me out. Both cars shifted into 4th right before the finish line. I have attached the time slips for reference.

-CMY

post-37587-0-76802800-1466779730_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Corey, thanks for all that testing. Wish I was there but it's a 1200 mile road trip for me which I did run once to make sure LMS was the real deal. Are you running on 20s or 21s?

I'm running on the 21s. Funny story...Anthony was telling me about all of your kills at the track ;) I just got the aggressive tune downloaded and will be trying it out later tonight. Wish I would of updated my tuner before I went to the track so I could have tested that one out too. Livernois will be doing another track rental in the fall. I plan on taking the car back with more tuning work done for more results.

-CMY

• Like 1

I was only at the track once so can't brag much.

If LMS does update that tune do let us know.

I am plotting a 20" drag pack, switching to OEM tires makes me spin crazy in first gear, awd and all. Winter scorpions never spun so obviously in same size.

• Like 1

Went to the Livernois Customer Track day last night and did some testing. The air was horible so my times are pretty far off of my best. But I did do some same day testing/comparison of the 93 tune, 87 tune, and stock. I made 4 back-to-back hot lap passes with each level of tune with a 15min cool down in-between the different tunes. I pulled the best time slip from each round and posted it below.

The big difference I noticed between the 93 tune and the 87 was the out of the hole experience. More boost helped with the 60ft and 330 ft and is truly what netted the gain in ET compared to the 87 tune. The car screams in 1st and 2nd but lays over in 3rd. I let Livernois know my thoughts and they plan on spending some more time on the tune to try and resolve this issue with power. One thing that Livernois did say is that the IATs are pretty hot by the time you get into 3rd gear and the intercooler on these cars are pretty weak.

The stock tune...well...is a fricken waste of time. After the 1st pass stock I want to just give up and go back to my 93 tune, but wanted to ensure I had solid results. Where the car falls down on the stock tune is...well...everywhere :( You can't break tq and get a good launch and the shifts are so lazy you might as well get out and push the car.

I made a total of 16 passes and the car ran 97mph with the 93 tune every time, 96-97mph with the 87 tune every time, and 94mph with the stock tune every time. ETs were within .02 of each other as well at every tune level.

I agree IAT's get hot when you are up in the higher gears. I am working on some aesthetics to fix this hopefully :)

Too bad you didn't get any better runs in, air must have sucked. I went back after my 13.4 run and ran 13.7 and 13.6 @100 and the air sucked then too.

Get the car back to LMS for some revisions :)

• Like 1

I am running 20" rims. The difference between them and 21" is about 6 lbs so rims won't really affect the 1/4 mile as much as you would think.

I actually am doing some side by side comparison with LMS and Unleashed tunes to see the difference between the two... Yes I bought two tuners from two different companies.

• Like 4

I am running 20" rims. The difference between them and 21" is about 6 lbs so rims won't really affect the 1/4 mile as much as you would think.

I actually am doing some side by side comparison with LMS and Unleashed tunes to see the difference between the two... Yes I bought two tuners from two different companies.

I hope you will post the results. Until then I look forward to reading your comparison.

• Like 1

I too would like to hear about the two tunes?

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I was thinking of getting the SCT Livewire/JMS PedalMAX combo from Unleashed. Torrie gets incredible reviews for his tunes. I'm not unhappy with the LMS tunes, but I wonder if there's something better. Apparently, you do too!

I know it's only been a few weeks since you posted this, but any progress with your comparison?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

So far I have had 6 or 7 revisions. I would log, send a file then get one back in <12 hours (cool!). Only problem is they are small changes and nothing monumental (understandable). Problem is I asked for a new one as the last put me in limp mode and now I am waiting for a newer version (was told working on this internally). So.... The unleashed tune is good, but not LMS good yet. I think there is a lot lot left to tune and that is why he is working on it internally. 0-60 is around 5.6 right now which isn't bad but when you can get 5.0 or better it's not the best. It's funny as the guys on the FB group are like this is amazing so much power and yeah stock to unleashed is good but unleashed to LMS right now is the same jump from stock to unleashed. So imagine doubling your reaction from stock to LMS.

Hopefully I can get a really far revision and do a good test but I think that is months out...

Livernois has a relationship with Ford, heck they share a dyno.

Why not just pus LMS for a harder tune?

I think they have a 93 aggressive with firmer shifts, Andy said it should only be used at the track, that might shave a tenth or two...give that a shot, same price!