yes, but 55w will increase the intensity so it does add to the brightness... ask Todd, he will explain it.. but that is why 55w is labeled "high-output"

a quote from a guy on another board: "I didn't realize how much more brighter the 55w was until i swapped back to 35w"

for me, I was fine with the 35w as no matter what, we gain 3x the light output. When we talked about it, I was like "so as if going to HID was not enough, people getting 55w want even more brightness?" and he said "yeah, essentially".

when you see 35w, you will be pretty stunned.

Edited by Lex Talionis

Lex, did it stop raining yet? Getting anxious for those pics ;)

Hey guys, my 22" wheels and tires are coming in tomorrow!!

Now, just have to wait for the snow to disappear :(

did you see my Gallery? look in my signature. a pict if the ballast installed and of the kit. I have no photos of the actual color of the lights at night as there are like 10,000 on the web trying to show HID at night and they are hard to grab correct and do the lights justice.

Update:

I did a test with my 6000k kit last night. The kit I ordered has both the harness with the relays and without. I tested without. From the looks of things, everything worked solidly and the 35w is a drastic improvement versus the halogen. I may just go ahead and install both the low and high beams tonight.

Lex: Where did you mount your ballasts? I saw a couple of good spots on the driver's side but the passenger side is another story.

Update:

I did a test with my 6000k kit last night. The kit I ordered has both the harness with the relays and without. I tested without. From the looks of things, everything worked solidly and the 35w is a drastic improvement versus the halogen. I may just go ahead and install both the low and high beams tonight.

Lex: Where did you mount your ballasts? I saw a couple of good spots on the driver's side but the passenger side is another story.

I just added another ballast photo(s).. see them as I put mine on the lights square flat housing

Update:

just wanted to report back that the last 2 nights I have had to drive during the night time and the digital ballast HIDs are the tits.... not an issue and no relay needed (at this stage) with the retro-solutions kit - it is super awesome when you unlock your car from a distance with the key gob and the perimeter lighting comes on with the HIDs... looks tight

right you are, try more like 20 minutes! You can do this yourself easily, is there a reason why you want the dealership to do it?

In a nutshell, I showed them the kit and they saw it was a good quality kit. However, they want me to set up an appointment to have them installed which would take them 2 hrs at $65 and they want to use the harness with the relay.

Trust me, I tested this with the harness w/o relay and it worked with the exception of a little ballast noise. I am looking at doing this with a friend of mine over the weekend.

In a nutshell, I showed them the kit and they saw it was a good quality kit. However, they want me to set up an appointment to have them installed which would take them 2 hrs at $65 and they want to use the harness with the relay.

Trust me, I tested this with the harness w/o relay and it worked with the exception of a little ballast noise. I am looking at doing this with a friend of mine over the weekend.

would not pay someone to do this install. it is very easy, even for novice I think - installing my splash guards was longer and harder. you and a buddy should be able to do this and save your 130$ - which almost covers the cost of the kit :)

also, the ballast hummmmm is expected and as you said, no relay harness seems to be needed with these digital ballast kits anyway.

Edited by Lex Talionis