• 2 weeks later...
Are you doing low beam only or high and low beam?

Ā 

Ā 

low beams only. you know what though, I am rethinking it right now since I'm not sure if I like the reflector pattern I've seen with the HIDs. also I'm pretty mediocre with electrical things. so maybe just go with some high intensity bulbs. I don't like the stock ones even though I gave them every chance.

Ā 

in my Ranger I have silverstars or nighthawk, I forget the name. they work pretty well, I might just go with something similar in the Edge

Edited by bri719

that's cool I'm still thinking about it. I'll decide soon enough. eventually I'll get tired of only being able to see 200 feet in the dark with the stock bulbs :(

Ā 

someone said they replaced their lo-beam H11s with H9 xenons instead. did I just misinterpret that? how would an H9 (65W?) work out in an H11 (55W) housing? or was that for the fog lamps (I don't really care to upgrade these yet, they work fine much better than the stock low beams)

Edited by bri719

I did both my low beams and fogs with HID kits and i do not regret it one bit. Looks great and lights up the

road very well. I have tinted headlights so ended up putting the 55W kit in the lows. Just used a 35W kit for

the fogs. Did 6K for both and i love 'em!!!

Just in case you wanted to see my setup. Unfortunately, the pic does not do the HIDs justice. They look MUCH better in person but my camera can't seem to pick up how they really look. I've included a couple daytime pics too ;)

Ā 

/*hijack

Ā 

hey.. nice stubby antenna there :)

Ā 

hijack*/

your HIDs and wheels look great, I'm sure you get lots of complements on the vehicle :) I ended up ordering some xenon H11 55w and hoping they will work much better than stock for low beams. we'll see how those do before I decide to go all the way up to HIDs which I am still leaning away from

Ā 

by the way stubby is cool is it dual purpose (FM & Satellite)?

I always get compliments on my stubby ;)

Ā 

Yup, got it exactly where you recommended Lex!

I got the stubby for my wife's car from that site. Looks great. Only reception issue is when the car is near the television tower "farm" in Glendale, WI. And Lex...I really appreciate your posts. Great ideas and good pictures. Even though I'm a 58 year old extra white wisconsin guy I enjoyed your rap link. Thanks for help!

low beams only. you know what though, I am rethinking it right now since I'm not sure if I like the reflector pattern I've seen with the HIDs. also I'm pretty mediocre with electrical things. so maybe just go with some high intensity bulbs. I don't like the stock ones even though I gave them every chance.

Ā 

in my Ranger I have silverstars or nighthawk, I forget the name. they work pretty well, I might just go with something similar in the Edge

I replaced my low beams with a H9 65W bulbs, used Narva brand from Germany. The H9 fits the H11 sockets with a slight trim on the larger tab. The 65W does light up further down the road than the H11's. Just don't use them in the fog lights as the heat is too much; fogs are H11. I used the HR1 for the high beams. I also upgraded the front marker/turn to a brighter one as well. Below is my order:

Ā 

On Mon, 17 Mar 2008,

>

>> Daniel ... Looks like I will spring for a pair of :

>>

>> 2100-lumen H9 item: 2 units

>

> Very fine. Please order those here:

> http://store.candlepower.com/h-9.html

>

>> HIR1, 12.8V, 65W, 2530 lumens, 320 hours: 2 units

>

> These get ordered here: http://store.candlepower.com/9011.html

>

>> 3157NAK (Amber) front: 2 units

>

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone,

Ā 

I am looking at a Lincoln MKX and the biggest issue I have with the MKX is that I can't get HID/Xenon's. I really like what some of you have done with the EDGE HID install.

Ā 

I wonder if this system can be used on the MKX? The MKX has the projector lights -- with adaptive lighting?

Ā 

Any thoughts?

believe me.. the HID is super easy install. really, so do not let that be a show stopper, many write ups here to help. worth it. yeah, the reflector pattern is a bit whack, but the upsides - for me - definitely out weigh that because once they come on, they just make you smile like.. niiiiice

Ā 

Ā 

Exactly. It's not as hard as you think it is. It, unlike many things and Windows, is truly plug and play.

• 5 months later...
A harness, and an input canceller. No charge. We just have to custom invoive it for you to make sure it gets included.

This is of course all assuming the DRL are operating on the same bulbs you are replacing. For instsance, if you are repalceing the low beams, and the DRL run off the high beams, then you need nothing special to do that.

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Agreed, it may start to mess with other systems.

Perfect, thanks for sorting that out for me.

A harness, and an input canceller. No charge. We just have to custom invoive it for you to make sure it gets included.

This is of course all assuming the DRL are operating on the same bulbs you are replacing. For instsance, if you are repalceing the low beams, and the DRL run off the high beams, then you need nothing special to do that.

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Agreed, it may start to mess with other systems.

How much to buy just the harness and input canceler? Our low beam headlights are also our DRL's here in Canada. Thanks