I SCORED on my ordered 2008 Limted.. oh yeah

So, I think I scored big on my new loaded "Job 2" 2008 Limted Edge in white sand tri coat I just took delivery on :happy feet:

When I ordered, exactly 6 weeks ago, the only cash rebate was 1000$. As we know, you cannot lock in rebates until you take delivery.. well, I hit the jackpot by waiting as I see it. By ordering and painfully waiting, not only did I get a car built just for me (had 9 miles on it) I was able to take advantage of the now $1500 cash rebate PLUS my dealer was having a 3 day presidents day sale ending today for an extra $1000 PLUS I was able to score the Conquest cash PLUS I got $490 back for those bogus chrome clad wheels as I traded for a brand new, never used set of Premium Painted Aluminum wheels (wait to you see these wheels - tight - they ordered them new for me) PLUS waived the docs fees PLUS he gave me the Edge rubber floor mats AND the splash guards free ...... ALL of this on top of an already solid reduced X-Plan pricing...

And it gets better... I then used my United premium card and put the max they would allow - 10k - on it so now I just earned 10k airline miles as well. I wanted bad to put the whole 32k on the card and get a free ticket, but he said they just could not as it cost them money as it is.. so I didn't complain.

X-Plan

-490 & got wheels I wanted

+free all weather mats and splash guards

+airline miles

---------

= SCORE!

and to top it off... they came to me and picked me up today from my house :) in my new car :)

damn... what a great deal and they started me out feeling real good about them and this deal (as compared to my last VW purchase 7 years ago).

Edited by Lex Talionis

yeah, I actually have a reason to celebrate Pres day now

Lex,

Glad you got your Edge and are happy. Can you shed some light on the Conquest Rebate? Is that nationwide? I have not seen anything about it here in Texas.

Any chance of getting a summary of your vehicle (including options) and a final price after all your rebates? Always good to know what others are paying when you are getting close to buying.

Also, when do we get to see some pictures of your new baby? I know you when White Sand with Charcoal and I am debating between that and White Sand and Camel. Would enjoy seeing some pictures.

Clayton

yeah, I actually have a reason to celebrate Pres day now

Congrats Lex - Mine just arrived yesterday. I told the deal to put it in the bullpen for now pending any auto show bonus dollars that may be available at the end of the week. I ended up taking the x-plan, also had $1500 Ford rebate + $750 mailer rebate. I will take delivery soon but if auto show dollars are available - I want them since we are so close.

and to top it off... they came to me and picked me up today from my house :) in my new car :)

damn... what a great deal and they started me out feeling real good about them and this deal (as compared to my last VW purchase 7 years ago).

:rockon:

Way to go Cinderella! lol. That is an amazing deal.

Lex,

Glad you got your Edge and are happy. Can you shed some light on the Conquest Rebate? Is that nationwide? I have not seen anything about it here in Texas.

Any chance of getting a summary of your vehicle (including options) and a final price after all your rebates? Always good to know what others are paying when you are getting close to buying.

Also, when do we get to see some pictures of your new baby? I know you when White Sand with Charcoal and I am debating between that and White Sand and Camel. Would enjoy seeing some pictures.

Clayton

Well.. the Conquest cash rebate has been discussed here in several threads.. you can search for more details but it is essentially 1000$ cash for getting out of a comparable non-Ford car into a Ford if you can prove you are the owner of said car. This is very regional in nature incentive. As a matter of fact, it does not come up as an incentive on the website for my zip like it did for others, but thank God others here mentioned it here and I got to digging around and just decided to go to my dealer with it. I did not ask him, I took in my title of my VW and told him I would be doing the Conquest incentive (that Jedi mind trick thing).... and it went for it. So I was very fortunate there.

Kind of basic summary of cost, as there is a LOT of variance out there so it is so hard to compare mine to yours to others to get comparable pricing. For example, did you get White Sand Tri Coat for an extra 421$, doc fees vary, x-plan or not, incentives you scored, Job 1 or Job 2 build (as the base price of the car and the Vista roof rose on Job 2) changes costs by about 250$....

So for me, I got X-plan on a FULLY loaded 2008 Limited White Sand Tri Coat. Only thing I did not get was the DVD entertainment system. Other than that, I got it all. Plus, as you see, I got incentives and money back for the wheels I wanted.. but in the end, IIRC it was about 32500 out the door. Can give more details when I dig back up the paperwork.

Pictures are forth coming this weekend - will start a whole Gallery as I plan a lot of mods and accessories. I have to travel to AZ from CA for a big triathlon race this weekend, so will get a road trip and photos during that time.

SO here are some facts on the car I have not covered that might be of interest...

Some of you recall this whole thread I had about hating the chrome clads and refusing to buy the car with them. No way! So, I went to the dealer and told him I wanted the Premium Painted 18" Aluminum wheels (64p) that come as an upgrade on the SEL to make it happen. Well.. THEY LOOK AWESOME.. no one has this setup that I have seen or found on the web and the dealer has never this configuration as it is just not done as they had to have my car and swap wheels. They did it for me as it was my 1 big request and man, I am stoked I did it. Picture (to come) will tell the tail but they look TIGHT. And to top it off, to get these wheels they ordered a second car at the same time they ordered mine just to get them, so they were brand new and never test driven to boot! How can you beat that? And, they also gave me $489 for the "down grade" :) nice!

I have to say, I am very stoked with the car on first 12 hours. Beautiful. I am sure there will be issues I need to address, but it is just the tits (as SHIZZY would say).

WHAT I HAVE DONE:

-all weather floor mats

-weather-tech cargo liner

-ALS bumper guard/saver

-custom rear emblem

-splash guards (I have some great tips on installin these)

-Curt hitch (also have tips on this beast install)

-HID digital install, 5000k, 35w

-20% charcoal tint front 2 windows

-lug nut locks

-Infinity Kappa 682.7cf speakers all around

-Stubby aluminum mini antenna

-LED super white license plate, map, dome, cargo

-custom built LED puddle lamp bulbs

-custom built internal light shut off switch

-rearview camera

-BAMR control panel light mod

FUTURE DO (unknown when):

-Steeda High Velocity Cold Air Intake

-further misc LED bulb changes (i.e., turns, corners, brakes)

-gas hood struts

-hitch wiring kits

-DVD after market headrests

Edited by Lex Talionis

So, I think I scored big on my new loaded "Job 2" 2008 Limted Edge in white sand tri coat I just took delivery on :happy feet:

When I ordered, exactly 6 weeks ago, the only cash rebate was 1000$. As we know, you cannot lock in rebates until you take delivery.. well, I hit the jackpot by waiting as I see it. By ordering and painfully waiting, not only did I get a car built just for me (had 9 miles on it) I was able to take advantage of the now $1500 cash rebate PLUS my dealer was having a 3 day presidents day sale ending today for an extra $1000 PLUS I was able to score the Conquest cash PLUS I got $490 back for those bogus chrome clad wheels as I traded for a brand new, never used set of Premium Painted Aluminum wheels (wait to you see these wheels - tight - they ordered them new for me) PLUS waived the docs fees PLUS he gave me the Edge rubber floor mats AND the splash guards free ...... ALL of this on top of an already solid reduced X-Plan pricing...

And it gets better... I then used my United premium card and put the max they would allow - 10k - on it so now I just earned 10k airline miles as well. I wanted bad to put the whole 32k on the card and get a free ticket, but he said they just could not as it cost them money as it is.. so I didn't complain.

X-Plan

-490 & got wheels I wanted

+free all weather mats and splash guards

+airline miles

---------

= SCORE!

Where can I find that in writing that you can't lock in rebates till delivery. I ordered my car January 3 and the dealer had me sign a hand written statement saying something like dealer rebates for better or worse. Naturally, I'm sure they know the rebates ahed of time and they are better than when I ordered. Any assistance is greatly appreciated. Looking forward to picking my Edge up next week.

Where can I find that in writing that you can't lock in rebates till delivery. I ordered my car January 3 and the dealer had me sign a hand written statement saying something like dealer rebates for better or worse. Naturally, I'm sure they know the rebates ahed of time and they are better than when I ordered. Any assistance is greatly appreciated. Looking forward to picking my Edge up next week.

don't know about 'in writing' - I think I have seen it in some places, can't recall. I think that PW you signed was to cover their a$$ incase rebates went down at the time you took delivery and you got pissy about it. But, the converse is true that if the rebates improved, they gotta give them to you.. in the time i watched in the last 6 weeks, they have improved in APR, lease, cash back, etc.

Hi Edge2Be. :D If you read the fine print of all Incentive and Rebate offers, it will say "Must take delivery from Dealer Stock by xx/xx/xxxx.". That's it in writing. Ordering a car is not the same as taking delivery.

When your vehicle has arrived at the Dealer, and you are taking delivery (actually purchasing it and will be driving away), you then qualify for whatever Incentives/Rebates are in effect that day.

No if's, ands or but's. The fine print is really pretty self explanatory.

Good luck! :beerchug:

Edited by bbf2530

Hey Lex,

Sweet deal and sweet ride. Nice pix too. Where did you get the bumper saver and mat for the back? Dealer? I really need them.

I leased and got $1250 rebate, $1000 conquest, $1000 mailer rebate (much like your president's day deal), xplan and an extra $250 from the dealer (because the rebate was $1500 on the Wednesday when I was ready to sign and it changed to $1250 on Friday when they had me come in. That's not bad getting $3500 off a really sweet car.

I've had it for 10 days now and we love it. It is going to the dealer to get the SYNC checked. I think they are going to have to replace it because it just crapped out. Not working at all. I installed the update from syncmyride.com and it's been screwed since.

Dealer is great though. They have been so awesome.

Hey Lex,

Sweet deal and sweet ride. Nice pix too. Where did you get the bumper saver and mat for the back? Dealer? I really need them.

I leased and got $1250 rebate, $1000 conquest, $1000 mailer rebate (much like your president's day deal), xplan and an extra $250 from the dealer (because the rebate was $1500 on the Wednesday when I was ready to sign and it changed to $1250 on Friday when they had me come in. That's not bad getting $3500 off a really sweet car.

I've had it for 10 days now and we love it. It is going to the dealer to get the SYNC checked. I think they are going to have to replace it because it just crapped out. Not working at all. I installed the update from syncmyride.com and it's been screwed since.

Dealer is great though. They have been so awesome.

noles.. search here in the accessories section and you will see posts on the bumper saver - sold by a person here on the forum, "ALS" I believe and phone number is on the site here under Bumper Saver threads and the cargo matt is Weather Tech - I bought from Realtruck.com also see posts about that on here also. both are NOT dealer items but bought after market. enjoy :)