How to pass time waiting for your Edge to arrive

luxpow

Order placed but could hardly live through the first day itself.

How did you guys survive the wait ?

Our 2016 Titanium arrived at the dealers in exactly two months from the order day..... and I've noticed some received theirs in slightly less time. It was as expected..... so I didn't suffer any. It appears that the build date depends on the model ordered, and the time it was ordered. They maybe make Titaniums one week, and SELs the next...... etc., but that's just a guess. Oh, and I did spend some of the waiting time reading the Owner's Manual online..... and I believe that helped with all the stuff that needs to be learned about these new vehicles. I believe they told me there are 90-computers in the new Edge..... and that's more than the the space ship had that took the astronauts to the moon. (I don't know if that's a fact..... but surely impressed me.) Anyway, after putting 1,300 miles on the new car, I think the wait was worth it! It drives like a dream!

• Like 1

Read about all the things that can go wrong and plan a strategy to combat them.

IE: PTU on AWD vehicle.

Thats some solid advice. I will do that to see if I will need to buy an extended warranty.

Quick search didnt reveal any PTU issues with 2015 or later Edge models. Maybe they fixed the issues or just that those cars havent reached that stage yet.

How much would it cost to fix a PTU issue in its worst form if I dont go with an extended warranty ?

Sorry I havent even started reading to understand what the issue means.

.......never thought that I would ever say this, but..........................just lease and make it someone else problem! :)

• Like 2

Cost for the 2007-14 is currently around $1,400 US out of pocket at the dealership, probably cheaper at service center. The part is priced a couple hundred dollars higher for the 15+, and assuming same amt of labor, you would be looking at $1,600 US or so.

Thanks for that info ! that doesnt sound too bad for a 45k vehicle especially if the problem occurs after 100k miles which in my case will be atleast 10 yrs later.