• 2 months later...

I like it myself. Never hit it. Then again I'm used to cars with switches there. What I don't like is the way the windshield wipers wipe.

Agree on both parts.

Ā 

I hate the front wiper motion. It is so strange, I also have never accidentally hit the rear, it's actually hard for me to do even when I want to use it! It's not very intuitive if you ask me

• 3 weeks later...

I like it myself. Never hit it. Then again I'm used to cars with switches there. What I don't like is the way the windshield wipers wipe.

Ā 

Ā 

Agree on both parts.

Ā 

I hate the front wiper motion. It is so strange, I also have never accidentally hit the rear, it's actually hard for me to do even when I want to use it! It's not very intuitive if you ask me

Ā 

I'm glad I'm not the only one that thinks the front wipers are wonky. What I really like is the rain sensing feature, never had that on a car before. Thought it was just a gimmick, but it is very useful and convenient.

I too have looked in my rear view mirror to see my rear wiper wiping a dry window on a sunny day. :whistling:

• 2 weeks later...

Won't let me click the pictures to look closer. Mine sits a little higher up. I really don't like how when it wipes it stops pretty high up from resting position and then when you shut them off it almost stalls at bottom wipe position for a second and then drops itself back into resting position.

Ā 

Ā 

Everything about these wipers annoy me lol

• 4 weeks later...

I don't have the automatic wipers, but I find it strange that when I have the front wipers on and then put the vehicle in reverse that the rear wiper comes on even though it's shut off. I checked the manual and this is correct. page 78 in my manual. I've only had my Edge for 5 weeks with not a lot of rain so I just discovered this today. I also find the front wipers very strange in the way they move. I did find out that you can move the wipers manually when they're off. Just move from the down position to the side, good for checking and changing wipers.

I don't have the automatic wipers, but I find it strange that when I have the front wipers on and then put the vehicle in reverse that the rear wiper comes on even though it's shut off. I checked the manual and this is correct. page 78 in my manual. I've only had my Edge for 5 weeks with not a lot of rain so I just discovered this today. I also find the front wipers very strange in the way they move. I did find out that you can move the wipers manually when they're off. Just move from the down position to the side, good for checking and changing wipers.

Ā 

Why is the fact that the rear wiper activates in that fashion? I find that is super handy. The headlights also turn on when the front wipers are on.

• Like 1

I really wasn't complaining about the rear wiper coming on when the front wipers are and and backing up. I wasn't aware of this

feature until I noticed it for the first time the other day. As far as the front wipers activating the headlights, my previous

vehicles also did this as does my wife's Escape. I always keep my lights in the auto on position on both vehicles, this just

makes sense to me. The Edge has daytime running lights in this position, that is a great idea that will only help to make the vehicle more noticeable to others.