2016 Titanium w/18" wheels?

Ironically the 19" seemed more harsh than the 18" SEL I test drove.

The 18's will give a smoother ride. I believe this is because the 18's have more sidewall, more tire less wleel. Little better mpg with the 18's as well, but not enough to base a decision on. Measurements between a 15" & 19" shows a 10% drop in mpg with the 19's.

19"s look better, 20's look even better, fills out the wheelwell. 19's will offer a better skidpad due to the extra width.

Edited by enigma-2

Ordered 2016 Edge Titanium AWD on 6/24 with the 18'' polished wheels, with 302A package without any problems. So it can be done.

Even better, thanks! The "build" on the Ford site indicated the same, albeit the $895 price increase to "downgrade" to 18" wheels.

• Like 1

There are 20" wheels available after market that weigh less than the stock 18s, I am getting 24.6mpg highway with loaded car, running a/c and a tune worth 100hp. It's all about the wheel weight and tire of course. My setup is 48lb lb's stock 21s at 72.

Also, Continental DW tire makes for a cushy soft ride and grips the road like the best of them, awesome in the rain too.

Don't gotta throw money on funny looking at 18s if 20s can do a better job.

The cost was $2300 with summer tires, that's the one down side of that.

My 2016 Titanium came with the 18" polished aluminum wheels, no upcharge. I've seen others on the lot like this also. Seems like if Ford rolls it off the assembly line with 18's there's no upcharge but if you order it that way they charge $895. ???

I test drove with 20's and 19's, in my opinion the 18's gave a smoother, quieter ride which is what I was looking for. Plus you'll save $$$ when time to buy tires.

I also like the appearance of the 18 polished aluminum over the 19" painted nickel wheels.

ws_zpsqzbcdrne.jpg

Edge%20Wax%20005_zpsgqbnwvqa.jpg

Edited by Ginger Smith