Stalling/power steering going out

Paige.410

A couple days ago I was driving my 2011 Ford Edge, doing 55 mph and everything was fine and then everything on my dash went out and everything dropped to zero but I was still driving along and then I decided to pull over into a parking lot and when I started turning it was really hard to turn the wheel. So I turned my edge off and then turned it back on and everything was fine and I made it home without anymore issues. I don't know if my edge stalled or it was something to do with the power steering. This is the first time that I have had this happen to me. If someone could help me figure out what is going on that would be great!

First thing you need to do is have codes pulled from the PCM (computer). That will point you in the direction of what might have gone wrong. It could be a problem with the throttle body, a faulty instrument cluster, faulty wired connection(s), it could be something else entirely. Was the car in a highpressure car wash or heavy rains recently? Did the brakes work fine all the way till you came to a stop in the parking lot? The brakes are power assisted as well. Were all the lights on and everything? The ONLY anomaly was the gauges dropping to zero?

Ā 

Advance Auto, Pep Boys, AutoZone, or any major auto parts store should be able to read the codes for free, perhaps even point towards a known solution.

My car hasn't been in a high pressure car wash but it has been in heavy rain recently. The brakes were fine when I was pulling into the parking lot. My gauges and everything else on my dash went blank. I have the sync stuff accessible on the right side of the dash and stuff like fuel economy and round trip stuff on the left side.