Service Advance Trac while in park

PegsEdge

Hi,

I have a 2013 with 56k miles.

A few minutes after I start my Edge, and only if I sit in park for a few minutes. The "Traction Control Off" light will come on.. then shortly there after, the "Service Advance Trac" light will come on.

If I start the vehicle and drive right away, I don't get any warnings.

I'm not pleased as this is the 3rd issue I've had with this vehicle already!

I'm noticing a sulfer smell, and I've got some intermittent strange whining noise coming from the dash upon starting. Dealer has me turning off my climate control every time I turn my vehicle off. Seems to be working so far.

This vehicle is becoming way too expensive!

Any ideas why I'm getting the Service Advance Trac while in park only??

• 4 months later...

Can't see a phone interference with the stability system, but ??

My initial guess is it was happening at idle and not on the highway, a faulty ABS module, esp if there is no check engine light and no codes.

If a cell phone was interfering with the car's electronics seems to me this would have popped up years ago.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for your input. Yes, it was happening at idle.

I'm passing on what I was told by the Ford Dealer.

I was instructed to keep my smartphone away from the dash, and I went a step further and chose not to sync or charge my phone while in my vehicle. I figure.. it doesn't hurt anything to do what they recommend. Doesn't cost me a thing to refrain from using my smartphone while in my automobile.

It seemed to work until the day I needed to charge my phone, so maybe they are onto something??

It makes absolutely no sense to me either. At this point, there is nothing I can do until the dealer posts a TSB or it gets worse.

I mentioned the ABS module, and for a reason I can't remember at the moment.. they didn't think the module was the problem. I'm not sure if it would throw a code if the ABS module went out or not??

This winter I had another issue. One day.. I got a message that I had a battery or charging issue. I took my Edge back to the dealer. They checked the battery and charging system, and found nothing wrong.

They mentioned updating software, but I'm still troubleshooting. I hope to have more information collected, then when I do take it in for repair.. they can actually fix the problem.

• 4 months later...
  • 4 years later...

i have a 2013 ford edge i was driving i work as a Uber driver  after dropping off a customer my car stalls and turns off while i was driving error code advance trac and low oil pressure warning appeared  i can start my car but it will shut off automatically , 

the wired thing is that if i turn off my ac the vehicle will drive with out throwing any errors but if i turn on the ac the advanced trac and low oil pressure will turn on and the vehicle will shut down 

searched on line its showing that i have to update the software for the tcm but not sure if its the right thing todo please help thanks