Just got a 13' Sport

Mr. Kitty Litter

Hello all,

I just picked up a 2013 Edge Sport. Prior to this, I had a 2013 Lincoln MKZ 3.7L V6.

After owning the Lincoln for about a year, I grew tired of the small cabin it has (low roofline, cramped - it's quite a "narrow" car). I looked at the Edge because I liked the sporty look, room, and features it offered for the money...and even though it has the same exact drivetrain as my outgoing Lincoln MKZ, I feel that the Edge performs a bit better as the transmission doesn't seem as "slow" and jerky as it did in the Lincoln.

Anyway, I've already added (and removed) a few things via ForScan, and will probably get a few cosmetic enhancements added before it gets too cold out.

Hope to learn a lot from the forum. See you around!

Oh, of course a pic:

f9397343db3755eabbf7978d48f667cf.jpg

Edited by Mr. Kitty Litter
  • Like 1

Bet your happy! If your like most of us, you will learn to love your Edge more and more every day.

What did you modify with Forscan?

I enabled stock DRL (signal lamps), and made a change to the dsp module which seemed to make the Sony system play a little louder.

Next on my list is global open/close. I'd also like to make the IPC do the gauge sweep at startup, but haven't found anything on that yet.

I need to get a module and Forescan and play a bit. Sounds interesting. I had to have my drl turned on at the dealer, think it's a little safer driving that way.

If your open to recommdations, consider a set of Weathertech floor mats and cargo mat. A little expensive but top quality and the do an excellent job of protecting the carpeting through the winter slush (if your in an area where there's snow and rain).

I need to get a module and Forescan and play a bit. Sounds interesting. I had to have my drl turned on at the dealer, think it's a little safer driving that way.

If your open to recommdations, consider a set of Weathertech floor mats and cargo mat. A little expensive but top quality and the do an excellent job of protecting the carpeting through the winter slush (if your in an area where there's snow and rain).

Will look into the WeatherTec floor mats. It came with the OEM all-weather mats, which actually aren't bad...but I think the WeatherTec mars cover more area.