Look what kind of modification thieves decided to do to my Edge.

Sorry about that man. That sucks...and Ford/your insurance aren't making it any easier. FYI, I'm 99% sure the Explorer and Edge share the same wheels. The new standard SE wheels are a split 6-spoke design that looks identical to the Explorer/Sport Trac wheels...

The Service Manager at the Ford dealer said that if I tried to put Explorer wheels on my AWD Edge the brakes would automatically lock up and the calipers would bend. He very sternly said not to attempt it.

Thanks for the sentiment though. I really have been going thru a lot of crap over this and its kind of depressed me. :banghead:

Ok so now its coming up on 2 weeks this Friday since my EDGE was raped of its tires and rims. I just got the final total on how much the total amount this is going to be. $4452!! This doesnt even include the Wheel Locks! My Insurance company is paying $3952 after my deductible. Did I ask for my rims to be taken??? NO!! Now I have to fork over $500 and I didnt even do anything!! WHAT A LIFE!!!

GET WHEEL LOCKS AND A ALARM SYSTEM!! :banghead::censored: :wacko:

Maybe I'm missing something on the cost side. Does that total include towing, storage etc....

I went to Tirerack.com and rims for an 08 SEL (17's) run 100-350 per corner and high performance rubber goes for 100-175 per tire.

Where is the rest coming from ?

Bottom line is it really sucks to have had this problem and wheel locks are now on my shopping list. Just to make you feel better I just saw a BMW 5 series in an apartment parking lot really early in the morning sitting up on stacks/bundles of todays news paper. must have just dropped the papers at a local store and the thieves picked them up on the way to complete the pit stop on bimmer ! Hate to see what that will cost if an edge cost 4000.00

Umm, don't get the OEM wheels and tires?

You could save a bundle.

Also, our A4 has one of those tilt features, right in the door pocket next to the gas door release, but we have a base (ugly 16 inch wheels) and I'd love it if someone we're to steal those, so I can replace them with 18's.

Well, if I owned the vehicle instead of leasing it I wouldnt have gotten the OEM wheels but for those of you who have leased a car before know that when it comes time to turning the car in at lease end, the Manufacturer can tend to get very particular about what the car looks like. I am not going to give a Manufacturer really nice rims, even if my Insurance company paid for most of them. I'd rather just give him what he initially gave me when I got the lease from the beginning. :stats:

Discount Tire has the Gorilla wheel locks for $20.00 to $25.00. I went last Saturday to Discount Tire to put a set on my 18" OEM rims and they were having a one day sale on the Gorilla wheel locks for $5.00!!!! Of course the store I went to did not have the correct ones in stock. They let me pay for them there and I went to a different location about 5 miles in the opposite direction to pick them up. When I got there, they even installed them for me. Sure beats the $45.00 price Ford wanted for wheel locks.

Edited by radicon

Discount Tire has the Gorilla wheel locks for $20.00 to $25.00. I went last Saturday to Discount Tire to put a set on my 18" OEM rims and they were having a one day sale on the Gorilla wheel locks for $5.00!!!! Of course the store I went to did not have the correct ones in stock. They let me pay for them there and I went to a different location about 5 miles in the opposite direction to pick them up. When I got there, they even installed them for me. Sure beats the $45.00 price Ford wanted for wheel locks.

What is the location of that store? Is it in Brooklyn, NY?

:happy feet: Ok heres the latest and final update:

Its been 3 weeks since thieves decided that my OEM Chrome Clad wheels are what they wanted and needed. I am finally happy to proclaim that I have gotten my car back!!!! I am soo f..kin happy!! I have been driving a Chevy Malibu (piece of junk) rental and when I got into my Edge, it was like going from old beat up sneakers to new Air Jordans! I miss the power, and comfort. I missed my Vista roof and Sync/Navigation!! But most of all, I just missed looking at it.

Now, does anyone know where I can get Wheel Locks??? :rockon: :hyper:

Now, does anyone know where I can get Wheel Locks??? :rockon: :hyper:

Hi INTERAVE. :D Glad you got your Edge back. Good luck with it.

As to the wheel lock question. You can get them from either the link PrinzII gave you (Gorilla) in his post on page 1 of this thread, or from the link I gave you on page 1 (McGard). You can order directly from them.

You can also go to any large Automotive Supply Retailer (Strauss Auto, Pep Boys, etc etc), or any local "Speed Shop" and they will either stock or be able to order the above two major brands (McGard or Gorilla).

They are available as Genuine Ford Accessories (McGard brand) from LINK: Team Ford Parts

They are also available as Genuine Ford Accessories from your Dealers Parts Department (again, McGard brand), but will probably be a bit more expensive than the other options.

Check some or all of the above for pricing, and go with the best offer.

Good luck. :beerchug:

Edited by bbf2530

Does any body know size of the wheel locks for EDGE?

I checked Gorilla web side, but they have so many sizes, just don’t know what to order.

It depends on what size rims you have. I have the Limited AWD with the 18's. If you have these then you need to get the 1/2. I got mine from McGard.

Does any body know size of the wheel locks for EDGE?

I checked Gorilla web side, but they have so many sizes, just don’t know what to order.

If you are going with the "system" by Gorilla, you might want to use your stock lug nuts as a reference. They base it on the type of lug nut you have on there currently as well as the type of wheel.

just go to belle tire/discount tire... buy two sets of wheels locks, prob cost you 20 bucks. throw them both on and there won't be a problem next time. you can still break a set... if i was livin in brooklyn, i'd have 2 sets to make sure that shit doesn't happen again.