Look what kind of modification thieves decided to do to my Edge.

Only three weeks old and I had my Ford Edge Limited AWD parked in front of my house and lo and behold I go outside to discover this:

post-2932-1205255536_thumb.jpg

Does this suck or what!!!!???? :censored:

GET YOURSELF WHEEL LOCKS!!!!

Edited by INTERAVE

Only three weeks old and I had my Ford Edge Limited AWD parked in front of my house and lo and behold I go outside to find discover this:

post-2932-1205255536_thumb.jpg

Does this suck or what!!!!???? :censored:

GET YOURSELF WHEEL LOCKS!!!!

I wonder how surprised they were when they found out those weren't real chrome wheels. How good of a part of Brooklyn are you in?

I wonder how surprised they were when they found out those weren't real chrome wheels. How good of a part of Brooklyn are you in?

I am in a very nice part of Brooklyn actually. The Parts manager at the nearest Ford dealer was surprised as he advised me that I was the first one that he has ever heard since the Edge came out that this has happened to. Even the Police were surprised but they are treating this as a GRAND LARCENY case and had my whole car Fingerprinted. I am waiting to see what my Insurance company comes up with. According to the Parts manager at Ford, the rims and tires are about $3000 not including installation!!!

UNBELIEVABLE!!!!!!!!!!! So sorry to see that...maybe an upgrade will be necessary once you get your insurance $$$. I hate thieves!!!

After seeing that, anybody have any good wheel lock recommendations??

In addition to "Gorilla", McGard is also very good. If you buy the Ford Accessory wheel locks, they are McGard brand. I have McGard on my MKZ and the Cougar.

LINK: McGard Wheel Locks

Either brand is very good.

Good luck. :beerchug:

Edited by bbf2530

I can relate ....

On my former Expedition.

I come out of work one day to a flat front tire. I was pissed, but it happens. I open up the back, get the jack out, loosen up the lugs, open the hood, take out the crank for the jack/spare, lift the truck, remove front tire. Go to rear of truck to lower spare, insert crank in hole proceed to turn handle, turns quite easily....????..... Get down on one knee to find...... my spare was stolen. Buggers cut the cable that hoists and holds the spare in place.

I freaked out.

Now all four on my Edge......Look out!

that stinks..you could look on the brite side.. see what the insurance gives you and put some after market wheels on that you like

Probably can get a nice set of 20s without coming out of his pocket. My guess is those wheels cost a fortune if you buy them new from Ford.

hey man,

Sorry to hear to hear about your lost...

I'm from brooklyn too and with the project im going to want going ...... I don't think its going to be worth it now. but. what part of brooklyn you in?

I live in the canarsie section of Brooklyn. So the odds are little bit high. But I have alloy wheels instead of the chrome ones. Is the value of the wheels suppose to be that high ?

Well let me know how the investigation goes. I want to know how this thing end and the insurance company as well.

Later man

Good Luck

wow... you see it in movies, but never in real life. crazy and ballsey

yeah, wheel locks are key. I use the kind with the odd recessed squiggly pattern on the nut head versus the kind with the nut type hex surface deep down at the bolts end as I know those can have a standard socket hammered on to them for a one time removal and toss. I believe the kind I mention are about $20-25 at Pep Boys and hard to defeat

But, anything is defeatable in the end.. it is a matter of making them want to move on to a different car because yours has one line of defense that makes it not worth the time/risk.

look at it this way.. it is a nice way to get out of those bogus plastic clad wheels :) and the perfect time to upgrade to all aluminums

I'd say if you get $3,000 for the wheels and tires, you make out. I'm pretty sure that the late model Mustang wheels are a bolt on.

I went to "tires dellivered" website where I bought the wheels and tires for my previous F150, and according to their information the Mustang and the Edge wheels have the same bolt pattern and setback. Can I drop my Edge off at your place for a week or so. I'd love a set of 'American" 5 spokes instead of these cheap chromed plastic hub caps. If I had checked them before purchasing, I never would have paid the extra. And you know that the customer service at Ford didn't care.

I'm checking out a set of used Mustang wheels locally in another week or so and will let you know.

If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there.

Ok heres an update on my progress on my Ford Edge:

Its been a week since I discovered my Ford Edge on cinder blocks. It took 4 days for my insurance company to get a Adjuster out to give me an estimate. The Adjuster incorrectly posted my car as a Ford Edge SE FWD. My car is actually a FORD EDGE LIMITED AWD. I am sure you all know that this makes a huge difference as far as rims and tires go. I have the 20' inchers on there and the SE model comes with 17's. The tires are different as well because they are Michelens and not Goodyears.

Anyway, if your car is left on cinder blocks you will have all the same problems I have had regardless. Ford dealers dont carry the rims and tires in stock for the most part and it takes them about 24 to 48 hours to get them. I have tried to get a tow company to come and tow my car to my dealership but no tow companies want to tow the car without tires on it because they would have to DRAG the car off the cinder blocks and that would do considerable damage to the Edge's underbody. The dealerships (I contacted a few) wont order the rims and tires unless you have $4000 to lay out first. I am not in the position to lay out $4000 and hope that my insurance company will reimburse me. I dont trust insurance companies in the first place so therefore I wont lay out any monies until I see a check in my mailbox. As I stated before, I tried to contact several tow companies and half of them dont even know what a Ford Edge is much less what it looks like! One tow company was willing to try and put Explorer tires on my car just to get it to roll onto the flatbed but a senior mechanic at the Ford dealership said that was a "no go" and that my breaks will lock up and the calipers would bend. I finally had to call in a favor to a "family member" who happens to know the owner of the dealership and he called his Parts dept and told them to just order the parts without a deposit and for them to find 4 Edge spare donuts and bring it to my Edge that is parked in front of my house and put them on it and get it on the flatbed and get it fixed asap.

So today, after a week of not sleeping, I sit and wait here now for the tow company to come and get my Edge.

My advise to all my fellow Ford "EDGEIANS" is that if you dont have wheel locks, GET THEM NOW!! DO IT BEFORE THE SAME THING HAPPENS TO YOU!! :banghead::censored:

well you could alwyas add a wheel tilt sensor this time. I have one on mine and if it goes off the alarm actually only pages my remote . That way no alarm on car theives dont know + i go outside with my new Glock 22 and take care of business. It helps that i work with the Police Dept ( we have a bloodhound that is tracking trained and they get to use her) and i get away with stuff i probably shouldnt.