jwm22222

Touch-up Paint for 21" Painted Rims

Scraped a curb and damaged the paint a bit on my 2016 Sport. Anything be know if there is any type of touch up paint kit available for the rims? And if so has anyone tried it?

There is no official touch-up paint or code for those wheels. I called the company that supplies them for Ford and was told it's proprietary and since it's actually powder coated there is no paint available. You will have to try to match it by trial and error.

• Like 1

If you bring it to a smaller collision repair shop they may color match and mix you up a batch. Might be a little expensive though.

• Like 1

Thanks for the feedback. Have to go to a body shop for another car. Will see what they say about mixing a batch up for me.

Let us know how it turns out. I'm in the same situation. A rim repair shop said it would be $230 to fix and color match the area.

Oh hi,

Well I am also on the hunt for touch up paint, any updates?

Hi Folks - any update on this? My wife curb a rim, and we bought a rim on ebay from Detroit Wheel. (I had bought from them before for our Acura TL. Great result.) The rim I received was to dark, basically gray. Talking with Detroit Wheel they stated that there are three colors used on the rim, and even if we purchased from Ford (quoted ~$1,200 each with tax), there would be color fluctuations.

I am awaiting word back from Detroit Wheel on returning the rim, and am considering just touching the rim up with the TBD paint.

Thanks - Doug

Rim comparison:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ksazcq5o0bb29n0/Edge-Rim-Compare.JPG?dl=0

Edited by bud_d

I have seen that the 2015 are darker than the 2016 for the 21" wheels. I am looking to downsize to 20" myself

It has been a while since there was a posting on this subject.

I am looking to see if anyone has had any experience in matching the black paint on the 21" - 2019 Edge ST wheels.

There are several flavors of black paint and was hoping someone has come up with a good match.